Layoff status???

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2014 at 4:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is no one posting news? 50% cut in my territory.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lauren H and Jennifer G gone. Two peas in a pod!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems like the majority of cuts came from cluster 3. Someone mentioned on here a while back that that would probably be the case with the high emphasis on Lyrica going forward. A shame to lose people nonetheless

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fear of severance being taken away

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This must be Michigan right?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best DM in company cut in Fl. Replaced by non lyrica cluster 3 DM.

nothing makes sense. Sheer stupidity!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you post for a DBM spot and you don't get the job, it's not the best idea to go against the grain on everything with the DBM that gets the job, isn't that right Lauren H.?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe that my 20-hour a week/6-figure salary job is gone. This means I'm going to have to do real work for a living and get 1/2 the salary for it. Who knew reality would ever come crashing in......

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those still here-milk it while you can. Work 20 hours a week and spend the rest of the time looking for a better job. They are out there-it just takes time to find. Not like the old days! May not make as much, but can get close and at least you will be happier.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please, please lay me off. Or give me a PIP (Pfizer's Improvement Plan) so I can disagree with it, refuse to participate in it, and get a Pfuckin package anyway!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most people don't realize you can get a package instead of going on PIP. It's actually a good exit strategy if you want out yet don't get the lucky phone call during the process. It never ceases to amaze me how they don't ask for volunteers when they go through the process. Some want to stay and others want to badly GET OUT. They rather keep an unhappy employee and save money, rather than let them go and keep someone who wants to stay. Ya gotta love Pfizer..... Go figure.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely correct. Pfizer knows there would be a mass exodus to the door And no one would be left to do their bidding.
    I truly believe more want out than those who want to stay.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No there is "no voluntary severence" it is preferred the employee work thru the PIP and improve. You must suffer for the few months; besides you still get use of the car.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former DM here-you are wrong. If the person refuses the PIP they are given 1 week/year employed severance and are shown the door.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

followup: that was the policy while I was there. Not sure if still the case but probably is to minimize lawsuits. I'm sure you sign paperwork before receiving the package that you won't sue-like you sign when they lay you off. Here's the money, sign, now you can't sue.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but if won't hold up in court. Filed age discrimination suit in 2007 and won.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody able to confirm this is still policy?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about being terminated for performance issue and not being put on pip and not offered severance?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last I checked. If terminated for anything other than bad misconduct, like faking signatures, then it's a 3 month package.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I signed, got my severance and sued. Won a nice 500k and all legal expenses.
    Loved Pfucking Pfizer!