Qsymia No Product

Discussion in 'Vivus Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just remember the advisory committe voted 20 to 2 in favor of approval and ARNA was only 18 for approval and the FDA approved their drug with less efficacy that qsymia.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But didn't ARNA's drug have a better safety profile?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes and no. The cancer data is inconclusive which is why lorcaserin is recommended for short term use.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder why the decision was not announced by the end of the day today?

That makes me nervous in the sense of maybe something went wrong
    because if were okay it would've been approved.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHOEVER THE PERSON ABOVE THAT SAID THE DRUG WAS NOT GOING TO BE APPROVED
    I'D LIKE TO RING THEM BY THEIR NECK!!!!

HOW DARE THEY PLAY A NASTY PRANKSTER ON HERE LIKE THAT WHERE PEOPLE'S MONEY ARE CONCERNED..

KHARMA THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY

YOU FUCKING LOSER

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why are you basing your financial decisions on a post on cafepharma? Most of what is on here is a lie. Most of the people who comment on here have nothing better to do.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I knew it was a lie when I read it, but the poster said that he/she had already moved their shares so I didn't post a comment yesterday. What was done, was done. This person has been in my thoughts all day because I had a strong feeling the drug would be approved. I feel awful for you. I had my interview today and both managers were cool as a cucumber, they had no doubts. What a lying douche bag...truly evil. I do believe there is some valuable info on CP, but you have to have great discernment sometimes to rule out fact from fiction. Stock with a start-up company is scary, which is probably why the poster reacted so quickly with their shares.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i hope that bonehead sold out based on an anonymous post. I hope qysmia is a smash hit.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow..and the hate and jealousy go on. Tsk..tsk

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow did you see the label.

Pregnancy test to start and monthly, as bad as Accutane restrictions
    Specialty Mail Order Pharma.....

And the warnings and precautions...
    This is going to be a bitch to sell.

----------------WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS---------------------
    • Fetal Toxicity: Females of reproductive potential: Obtain negative
    pregnancy test before treatment and monthly thereafter; use
    effective contraception. Qsymia is available through a limited
    program under a Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS)
    (5.1).
    • Increase in Heart Rate: Monitor heart rate in all patients, especially
    those with cardiac or cerebrovascular disease (5.2).
    • Suicidal Behavior and Ideation: Monitor for depression or suicidal
    thoughts. Discontinue Qysmia if symptoms develop (5.3).
    • Acute Myopia and Secondary Angle Closure Glaucoma:
    Discontinue Qsymia (5.4).
    • Mood and Sleep Disorders: Consider dose reduction or withdrawal
    for clinically significant or persistent symptoms (5.5).
    • Cognitive Impairment: May cause disturbances in attention or
    memory. Caution patients about operating automobiles or
    hazardous machinery when starting treatment (5.6).
    • Metabolic Acidosis: Measure electrolytes before/during treatment
    (5.7).
    • Elevated Creatinine: Measure creatinine before/during treatment
    (5.8).
    • Use of Antidiabetic Medications: Weight loss may cause
    hypoglycemia. Measure serum glucose before/during treatment
    (5.9).

Overdose is not going to be pretty either.

Acute overdose of phentermine may be associated with restlessness, tremor, hyperreflexia, rapid respiration, confusion, aggressiveness, hallucinations, and panic states. Fatigue and depression usually follow the central stimulation. Cardiovascular effects include arrhythmia, hypertension or hypotension, and circulatory collapse.
    Gastrointestinal symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps. Fatal poisoning usually terminates in convulsions and coma. Manifestations of chronic intoxication with anorectic drugs include severe dermatoses, marked insomnia, irritability, hyperactivity and personality changes. A severe manifestation of chronic intoxication is psychosis, often clinically indistinguishable from schizophrenia.
    Management of acute phentermine intoxication is largely symptomatic and includes lavage and sedation with a barbiturate. Acidification of the urine increases phentermine excretion. Intravenous phentolamine (Regitine®,CIBA) has been suggested for possible acute, severe hypertension, if this complicates phentermine overdosage.
    Topiramate overdose has resulted in severe metabolic acidosis. Other signs and symptoms include convulsions, drowsiness, speech disturbance, blurred vision, diplopia, mentation impaired, lethargy, abnormal coordination, stupor, hypotension, abdominal pain, agitation, dizziness, and depression. The clinical consequences were not severe in most cases, but deaths have been reported after poly-drug overdoses involving gram amounts of
    topiramate. A patient who ingested a dose between 96 and 110 g topiramate was admitted to hospital with coma lasting 20 to 24 hours followed by full recovery after 3 to 4 days.
    Activated charcoal has been shown to adsorb topiramate in vitro. Hemodialysis is an effective means of removing topiramate from the body

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good lord people ~ just read both the PI's for phentermine and topiramate.........each PI individually is not benign. topamax = do your homework, used for both migraine and adult and peds as an anticonvulsant. phentermine = enough said, it has a history. but find me ONE successful weight loss guru who doesn't use phentermine in their weight loss cocktail and i'll give you my first born.

topiramate alone as prophylaxis for migraine has a HUGE weight loss side effect. of course an anticonvulsant is going to have baggage.............
    will the benefit outweigh the risk? if it's dosed properly, hopfully yes.

if you go in thinking ONLY about the side effect profile, you're in the wrong industry. learn to sell or go to consumer goods.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah there are some issues with qysmia it would seem. the cleft lip thing is scary for prego moms.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah really who reads the label anyways.
    IMS data is all that really matters
    And the 10 post approval trials requested by the FDA well they won't care if we do them or not you can sell through that one as well.

Good luck.
    Follow the track of your CEO and sell all the shares you can while the stock price is still in the double digits.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the cleft palate is a warning for many anticonvulsants, that is nothing new for a topiramate label

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The two drugs are bot generic. Why would a doctor write this crap. Topamax used off lable seven yea,rs you genus lol

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will write because of the top notch contract sales force the Vivus managers put together. haha! Patients will pay 150.00 for this when they can get the two generics for 10.00, good luck sales team.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

let chat after one quarter of prescription data - folks pay WAY more than $150 for weight watchers/Jenny Craig/whatever. This drug has efficacy never seen before. And the market is huge and untreated.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But you don't need a dr to stick his neck out and prescribe Jenny Craig. There will be a market for this product but much smaller one than you think. The Vivus drug for ED would be a much easier sell. 10% weight loss is not efficacy never seen before, trust me!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an idiot, the risks of doing nothing are great when you are really obese. 10% is good, do you have something better Einstein?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an idiot, the risks of doing nothing are great when you are really obese. 10% is good, do you have something better Einstein?