2013 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by Anonymous, Dec 21, 2012 at 6:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would the Cardio Specialty reps and Inspecs. be going to a special meeting in March, and why would they have hired all those regional reps?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do I get more hard-ons in the morning than at night. Why do I enjoy them more? Why is my girlfriend such a phck freak these days? So many questions -

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+1

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's wierd they would be going to a meeting ominously titled POA. Something is definitely afoot. I'd quit now before so you won't have to go to it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well with the fear rising the kiss asses and the me me attention getters are coming out full force.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are way too many reps at BI. It is a waste to have PC reps, specialty, Inspector, and Senior Care. A rep could handle the multiple zip codes by himself. So archaic at BI. Then again BI hires the bottom of the barrel.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most companies have already moved to more of a hybrid zip code model. BI most definitely needs to look at structure of sales force and unfortunately that will likely mean cuts.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmmm, it's a bit of déjà vu! I seem to recall a month or so before our last realignment people were "poo-pooing" the layoff rumor that was started on CP! Trust me I don't want to be out of a job but when this company decided to move backwards and put more reps in a "cluster", "pod" or whatever you want to call it that was just a poor decision. More reps calling on the same docs is not the answer. I understand the rationale of portfolio selling but docs don't care! All they see is another BI rep! A lot of geographies I am sure could be managed by one or two reps, not 4,5 or 6!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get that we don't need the number of reps we have, I just don't understand the whole regional rep thing in light of a layoff.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing makes sense anymore. If you are going to have allll these PC reps why not just have 1 rep per prod. Hold that rep accountable PERIOD. You don't perform Your Out. No instead you lose or displace great reps in the process. Please 4,5,6 reps in the same area for Pradaxa. Its like a free for all. If there were more jobs out there people would be leaving in droves.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The more reps you have the less work that gets done. There is always one rep who pulls his share while the other reps do nothing. Then layoffs come and the good reps get let go because they are labeled for not being a team player. The last layoffs I heard there was a rep who cried to her mgr all the time about how she can not get laid off then we found out he'd husband had a huge trust fund. Unreal.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So question here. How can you be seen as a team player if you have a person on your team who thinks they were elected the ring leader? Has taken full control. So if you complainc are you than looked at as not being a team player?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is the problem at BI. Everyone labeled a Maverick if you complain about some southern drawl red neck with a hubby with a trust fund because she things she is team lead whatever that means even though docs HATE her.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

English mutha f-er.....do YOU speak it?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but not with a red neck hillbilly accent.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4 reps per area does't mean shit except excuses for people to bitch. There are more than enough people to talk to in every territory nurses, pharmacists, Pas, NPs, so on and so forth. Some times all those other people have just as much pull as the doc putting the pen to the paper. Until every person who is in contact with every patient and interacts with the physician believes in all the products you carry there is still much work to be done that requires multiple reps to get it done. so stop bitching and go talk to someone, grow relationships, and sell them on all your products.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that this is the true and smart way to grow products. Unfortunately companies decided (with the exception of pharmacies) that none of this activity counted as calls. There are also plenty of non targeted providers who we also get no credit for calling on, and too many off target calls gets you dinged. We are already calling on NP's that are and PA's that are targets. We need someone to actually give us some autonomy to do this business right. Over regulation leads to brain dead drones. We had as many reps before, but when we had more divided responsibilities it was easier to coordinate. I know they don't want to add a salesforce per product, but if you went back to three sleves, you can still add a new product to just one sales force, or shift responsibilities. All companies are moving away from PODs because they just don't work. We are the only ones going back to a broken model. I think it only makes sense if you look to layoffs as the reason to resurrect this old, old, old model.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a Kool-Aid drinking DM!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nicely said!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But it also works the other way--if you do not complain to your boss, like the other members of your team, he/she believes the bullshit stories they are telling. I am not gonna cry to my manager every day, but because another rep did, I am being questioned on it.

what it comes to is that I don't care anymore. Of course, I want to sell more to make more money, but not at the price of my sanity. I have become that apathetic person who just goes out to make the best calls I can every day, but can't get too upset by anything that goes on.