Pinnacle Metal on Metal - the truth HURTS

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, May 31, 2013 at 12:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Earlier threads on here have suggested (jokingly I hope?) that the Pinnacle MoM withdrawal is for commercial reasons.

If declining sales in a declining segment are a good reason for withdrawal, why has AML lasted so long?

Just look at the data presented by Paul Voorhorst at the FDA panel last June.

9.97% failure of Pinnacle Metal on Metal (regardless of head size) at 8 years in the UK registry.

He had the incredible cheek to put that data on a slide that claimed it was performing "according to benchmark."

I guess that's what happens when you benchmark DePuy junk like ASR - you get smug about 10% failure at 8 years in a device that will destroy the lives of tens of thousands of patients.

Many of those patients would have been better off with a cemented Charnley stem and cup (and clearly much better with just about any other conventional device).

If you look at the patient ion data on COMplete, you will shizzle your pants.

What has this industry done to people in the name of upsell and greed?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is dead on. We are fucked again pretty soon over this. How am I supposed to trust anyone who tells me anything is the next great thing.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What part of this is surprising? This behaviour and culture is rewarded. The guys that are making these decisions and comments are the leaders. They walk around with their heads up high as if they are bullet proof. It's sickening. For me trust and honesty are not words that come to mind when I think DePuy Warsaw.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are going to "phase out" this product. Just like they "phased out" the ASR due to weak sales before it turned into a recall. Unreal what these guys get away with.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

as a depuy rep,this isn't a great PR move at all. There are alot of patients out with MoM Pinnacle and are doing fantastic - however once the commercials start and f#cking lawyers start - it will be a debacle.

DePuy is a company with alot of really good products, but MoM and ASR will be the smear the last 8 + years will be remembered by - not the fantastic revision knee system and excellent shoulder line.

maybe we should apply at DePuy Spine, at least they receive a pension and free polo's.

-charlie murphy

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had two of them. Both failed. One revised and one still to be revised. High metal levels in my blood. Extreme pain and taking narcotic pain killers since two years after replacement. Sleepless nights, loss of work, loss of any fun and of course the ever present loss of hope that it will ever resolve.
    Would be nice if they fessed up a little. Maybe paid for our revision surgeries while the lawsuits play out? Or even pay for our testing for MRI's and blood etc that we need done. No more tears?? I thought I was safe with the baby shampoo slogan and all.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Documented product complaints on the FDA MAUDE database will give you how many have been filed and what those complaints are. These are complaints filed by customers. Very interesting.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ever seen one come out? Now that's scary!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So this maybe a dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway....if the pinnacle is recalled...will it just be the metal liner or do they have to recall the cup as well?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't matter, we're fucked.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Attn will be put on the metal liner, then people will start talking about why poly liners are disassociating. Then they will look at the cup.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Takin deputy's business everyday. We been taken deputy's business in every way,it's alright, taken depuys business workin not a single night! ( the song, takin care of business)

A company full of rookies.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So caught up in their careers and egos that they are destroying the companies reputation. The little snip its that are posted on here don't begin to describe how horrible it is on the inside. It's no wonder the company is in the state that its in. Just look at the hip department, what a joke. And knees is like high school. It's a damn shame. No leadership.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've worked in this industry for a few years now. I've worked at a couple of the big companies. When talking to people at Z there are mixed reviews. Some love it some don't. Biomet, most love the culture but the pay is a little low. But good management without a doubt. I can honestly say I never hear or read anything good about DePuy. What is going on ivermectin there? Seems a very strange place.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

**Over there?**

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ego maniacs that's whats going on. What we have are a group of narcissistic people who care only about the next rung on the ladder. Good leadership is critical to a companies success. I can't think of anyone here that I would call a good leader. This is the reason we can't hold on to people like Paul Berman. Why would he want to be a part of this? How could someone of that caliber report to Kilburn? There are so many good people that left because the management sucks. Most of what we are left with are those that take care of each other. What happened to the idea that Synthes was going to come in and make some BIG changes? Another joke.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

every board for every company bitches about management.

bottom line is if you don't sell and do your job, its your own fault.

hate hate hate hate

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Paul Berman?? Hahaha! You can have him back. That guy doesn't do shit

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you're right but he was the best we had...