Cyberonics Questions

Discussion in 'Cyberonics' started by Anonymous, Jul 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been with my current device company for more than ten successful years and was recently contacted by a recruiter regarding a position w Cyberonics. On the surface, the VNS looks promising as does the company. I'm looking for a bit of helpful information on the company from current successful reps (quality of product line, pay, company support, etc).

My current company is on Cafepharma and seems to be populated by non-performing malcontents who thrive on inaccurate gossip and complete falsehoods. Is this page the same? I'm simply seeking honest thoughts, not smartass whinning.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do some research on neuropace before you take the gig. There will be stiff competition in the future.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are two answers to your question. One relates to the job - Working at Cyberonics was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done in my life -- professionally and financially. I met and worked with some of the best people I have ever known and I count many of them as friends to this day. The other answer relates to the culture of Cyberonics -- it is among the worst cultures imaginable with Intuitive being slightly worse. Dan Moore (who seems like a nice enough guy) claims that he cannot oversee the politics of each department. While true to a degree he is ultimately responsible for the goings-on within the company. He shouldn't allow a culture where politics and intimidation (rather than hard work and proven results) dictate the fates of so many. No seasoned, effective CEO should tolerate the insanity that goes on in the sales hierarchy. There is a little cult of clowns who came from Forest and they flit around like bitchy little girls at a sorority party, gossiping and scheming. They should never have been hired in the first place as they know little about implantable device sales and even less about the importance of relationships in implantable device sales. They are devoid of both professionalism and maturity. Moore has allowed this clique of schoolgirls to adversely affect and corrupt the culture of the entire sales force. In doing so they have revived the old churn-and-burn/with-us-or-against-us/what-did-you-do-last-quarter mentality that was around in the old Skip days. Here's how it works: Therapeutic Consultants who don't kiss the asses of the Forest cast-offs are given an insane number one quarter just after a blowout quarter where they've gone the extra mile to help the company reach a target. These reps, in my case with years of quarter over quarter growth and deeply entrenched relationships are then cut loose after missing this one SETUP quarter. It has zero to do with ability (that having been proved quarter over quarter) and everything to do with not sucking up to MV, FF, ER, and that other little west coast troll who went from training to floater to regional manager to Western GBU Director. (THAT ALONE is proof positive of the insanity Moore tolerates from this group.) It is truly a shame. But Cyberonics offers a (albeit grossly over-priced) great device and much-needed therapy for many who need it. If Moore would clean house and get rid of that little group of losers it could truly be a great place to work. And it could be a place for top-producers to make a lifetime career. But sadly that is not the case. And Ginny, if you're reading this, being complicit in such behavior is reprehensible. A sweet smile doesn't wipe off the vile stench of that kind of karma.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

always good to know nothing changes - Marky Mark V and Fantastic Freddy (has Fantastics legs grown yet?) GUY is a total tool!