NEW years resolution

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 1, 2011 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I still had my job, I would be doing everything possible to represent the Pfizer corp in the best way possible including following compliance regulations and enjoying ever moment that you have the job. If you get laid off you are unlikely to replece the job so enjoy ever momentr you have to represent this corporation in the best way possible! and Thank God you have a job. I was one of the 50 and over that had 4 national sales awards and they decided to dispose of.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still sippin on Grandpa's cough syrup are ya?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All current employees of Pfizer, especially sales reps, should have a 2011 resolution to get another job. Why wait until there's 1800 MORE reps out of work (on top of the already 4300 from various companies). Why wait to have to compete against some top talent to get a job, because it's out there now... you're no longer competing against the regular Joe - you're up against people who've garnered award after award (they were just in the wrong place in the lineup w/ regard to being severed). I've been there, done that and it's as real as Obama and his administration are liberal idiots. And your current salary? You can kiss that goodbye, as well. Hiring companies know you're out of a job; hiring companies know the "strike price" at which they can hire someone; hiring companies know you'll take a low-ball offer just to secure a regular paycheck and benefits (and maybe a car) in this economy. In the great economies of scale, they have a choice: hire you at 90k per year and get so-so results; or hire someone else with no experience for 50k and get so-so results.

Don't be an idiot. At least have SOMETHING on the line when your number is called.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are assuming that there are pharma companies hiring. In my area it is only contract companies that are hiring and their salaries are no near the numbers mentioned above. The other obstacle you will face is the low regard those outside of the industry have for pharma reps. We have the reputation of buying the business and not really being sales people. They will also look at the money you have been paid and discard your resume because there is no way in the majority they can match what you have been making. If you are lucky enough to get an interview this will come up. There are exception to this of course, but I and my layoffed friends have found this to be the scenario in the majority of cases. This is the voice of experience, fortunately I have found a decent job. Gone are the days of old pharma, again in the majority of cases. Novo Nordisk and Amgen can only hire so many people.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone had to have something positive to say about their job. Is there even one decent DM left, it seems like they were first to get let go?

Where is the morale of this sales force?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amgen hired Pfzer's discards so you won't be working for them. There is worse shape then Pfizer anyway.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, actually YOU are "in" worse shape "than" "they are" due to being poorly educated and ignorant.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My advice to you is sell the house or abandon it, move to Hawaii where there is free health care, live on the beach rent free and enjoy life and the weather. Also, bartend part-time at the tikibar when you need to buy something or to get laid.

Don't let a job live your life

Mahalo!