Interview Questions

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Aug 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello all,

Looking for some info, as the recruiter I have been talking with is short on answers. I have a phone interview next week and would like to know:

Base salary expectations? (I have 6+ yrs Pharma experience)

Vacation time?

Call reporting: signatures? Free text notes?

Any responses will be sincerely appreciated!

If you want to mock my questions anonymously that is fine, but please at least try to be funny or creative. Otherwise you are wasting everyone's time, including your own.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are going to be a LTC rep, no samples.
    If office neuro rep, yes samples, dr signs on ipad, we only leave samples if doc really needs them. 8 calls a day, 2 wks vcation, no call notes put in ipad, not required to leave samples, only if the doc really needs them. Salary varies some reps making 60K base some reps making 125k base depends on exper an what you where making at previous company,
    you will have to show a current pay stub, an maybe get a 5-8% base bump on that.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last poster is correct. Many reps making well into six figures but you will have to show a paystub. It is well known that you may have to show that you have won a Presidents Club in the past but they may be laxing on that a bit. They literally didn't hire people unless they had Presidents Club awards, etc. You will most likely do the phone interview, then a Skype interview and then face to face. Good luck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, don't come here unless you need a job. The pressure to grow every week, month & quarter is intense. If you don't show growth (not stability - GROWTH!) then you will be put on a plan, and be more worthless to everyone here than a dead rat in a tampon factory.
    Free - yet serious advice.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. Take this advice. Roughly 80 percent of the former NAM team is gone in less than 3 years and many of the LTC people are miserable but having tough time to find jobs in this market. Just beware that the only thing they care about here is weekly growth! Good luck

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Imagine that a sales job where they actually expect sales. How dare they. Lol short answer if you're good and willing to work then come, if your mediocre and lazy don't because you can't hide here

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, if you don't show growth, it's because you're lazy. Got it. Typical Avanir management response.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good post. I know MANY reps and managers who are no longer with Avanir for different reasons and they're doing just great. Some people don't work well in a threatening environment. I don't care if you've made crazy bonus every quarter or you've been fired for poor performance, any decent person would agree, the work environment at Avanir is fair to poor. Perhaps the company as a whole would excel with a more positive environment.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems harder to grow 60+ scripts per quarter when your base line becomes like 250 a quarter. Seems easier to grow when you have a baseline like 75 or so.
    It seems like at some point your growth will slow.
    And it doesn't seem like our refills our compounding on top of each other like they should ?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much longer can launch mode mentality last?? This drug is approaching the 3 year mark!!!! Also very interesting with the Diabetes connection-this is dangling diabetic neuropathic pain potential in front of Merck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is vacation accrued. I have never had only two weeks vacation? Isn't it only the first year? Would it be three weeks beginning January 1?