Does anyone know what this warning on the ActiVAC means?

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, I recently sold an ActiVAC, and the lady I sold it to says that it keeps giving her the error "Service timed out, 0 days left, enter code" and then it shuts off after 15 minutes, making it useless. Does anyone know how to fix this and what the code is? I just happened to find it at a Goodwill, so I don't really know much about it and don't have any of the codes or the manual for it. Also, does anyone know if there's anywhere you can download a manual? She already tried contacting KCI, and they were of no help and just wanted her to give them the machine. If anyone knows anything about how to fix this, it would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really?!?!?!? You work at Goodwill and are selling medical devices you know nothing about?? Did it come with disposables too??? What is this person using it for???
    I would bet it was never properly cleaned after its last use if it was "donated" to GW! Good luck in your suit!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you do the right thing and return it to KCI.These pumps are rentals
    and someone didn't return it when they were done using it. Hopefully nobody
    helps you because in the wrong hands with zero training with the device you
    are asking for trouble.Call KCI and return it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a r*****! This has to be a joke.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is just a suction pump (less than $300 to make, worth less than $50 used). If you have the disposables (which you can buy more of on Ebay), any suction pump will do. Codes are there to keep people from stealing them.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like someone kept it and sold it and now the buyer is backing out. Send it back to KCI and give the money back to the buyer and move on. It is Theft.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Throw it in the trash. Not worth the postage or the phone call

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

R
    Return it to the Thrift Store and exchange it for a Blue Sky.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently found a used Da Vinci Robotic System in the "close out" section at Home Depot. It worked great on my Golden Retriever's Hip Dysplacia Surgery. Amazing what you find these days. You may find syringes and needles at Sear's Outlet.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plenty of used medical devices on E Bay, including VACs. Get an older one without the code

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the OP,
    If you post the bar code #, I can obtain the service code # to unlock it. It's very easy to fix, these people are clowns

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Greetings most elite calculator. My home health agency let me borrow an acti v.a.c that was never picked up by kci. Lo and behold, the vac has the infamous service timer expired. Will you send me the formula for creating a code. Thanks in advance. I already ordered some dressings off of eBay. I've been fighting a surgical wound for near three years. Just got back on the vac end of 01.2011 and the idiot NP pulled me off of the vac for no reason. My wound is the best that it has ever been in years. I think that they wanted to put me in their ltac and milk my insurance. Nevertheless, any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely,

Esteban Gambino
    either 0 OR O below
    VDZRO5881

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the serial number!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KCI can track the product and determine the real facts here.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Esteban,

I wonder if you are aware that if the VAC unit is not opened up broken down and properly cleaned between one Patient to the next, there is a very high risk of contamination, risk of infection, HIV, HEP C, and HEP B and many others... One of the many reasons for the serial number.... Also insurance companies usually/rarely will not pay for VAC therapy for in home use for greater then 4 months....... Makes me wonder about a home health agency that would pass one Patient's VAC unit to another...... Hope that person that got the dressing kits off Ebay obtained them from a reputable source.........Not from inside the corner of some Patient's home that had say MSRA
    Just saying............ Be careful.........

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

as a former KCI service rep i truly appreciate the stupidity of this entire thread, thanks for the laugh. $50 for the timer bypass and reset code though....:)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Thanks for the laughs...

Greetings - Anonymous former KCI Representative as well as any other readers, writers, mathematicians or representatives, please excuse the ignorance of my posts or replies. Nevertheless, regarding the barter for the timer bypass and reset code, shall we say $25 and call it a deal? How are we going to make this happen without corrupting this thread or domain?

Sincerely,

Esteban Gambino

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Thanks for the laughs...

no offense get a clue, return the unit to KCI because you're stealing a service. they don't give out those codes for a reason.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not to mention that by providing KCI employees with the serial number of the vac you have essentially told them where you live, and where the unit should be- just return it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have the same problem, how can I contact you???