AV Temecula Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard from different sources that the next layoffs concerning Abbott Vascular Temecula will be on or around January 23, 2013 of approximatly 400-500 people.

Can someone confirm or provide information of what they know?

In recent past, layoffs occured after quarterly earnings and this would be about the time 4th quarter earnings would be revealed.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard either the 15th or the 23rd...but you know how management is...if they hear we know the date, they'll just change it!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard hundreds to be let go at Abbott park on 1/23. Any truths? Just wanted to prepare. I have already cancelled netflicks.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, man, I just renewed my subscription to Car & Driver.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who buys a subscription?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15-20% across most departments. 2nd shift ENDO lines are impacted i.e no more 2nd shift. Haven't heard anything about Dilatation 2nd shift lines

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Temecula layoffs soon

I have heard from a high-level supervisor in Temecula that he expects the 500ish layoff in Temecula today or soon. Something about 2nd shift for production of the stents being eliminated. Some people may be moved to morning shift if you're valued there like he is.
    Don't know any other details as I don't work there.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard the layoffs were delayed. They were supposed to happen around Jan. 23 and now will happen before the end of Feb.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RIFs delayed until mid-Feb. Murrieta and Beringen facilities will be taking a dirt nap. Approx. 500 people will be impacted.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just got word that layoffs are Feb. 6, 2013. heard from multiple reliable sources. They said if you have 4 or more incidents you are on the choping block and the rest will be performance based. Some people have already been "semi" notified" to soften the blow come wed. Yes heard the same as posts above, mainly second shift and restructuring and around 500 people in the temecula/murrieta locations.

Personally I am sick of directors and higher ups saying layoff's are not performance based but "business needs" when it's a flat out lie.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET IT BE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so tired of the B.S. here, but don't want to just quit. I figure after all the crap I've put up with here, they OWE me a package!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way man... You are key talent dumba$s !!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is sad news Oh, man, I just renewed my subscription to Car & Driver and Time magazine.
    What next?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard they are hiring 1,000 new reps in the next month. A big rollout is coming.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. The layoff doesn't officially occur until 60 days after the employee is notified. The employee is still on the payroll during that time, just doesn't have to come to work.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys are all dumb a$ses.... If you haven't been tapped on the shoulder by upper management, you are now expendable. If you fit this scenario, accept it and start look for a job so you when that time comes you are closer or possibly have a job lined up. Now if MotherAbbott has the layoffs on Wednesday, you are F@ck'd or are you one of the lucky ones.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

boy, you get up awfully early to spew your bs

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

God I hope not!!! I'm trying my best to be a drag, not talent! I'm so sick of the B.S. stroking in this place it makes me want to scream!!!! The writing is clearly on the walls that the plan is to close the Temecula facility, they just don't want all of the drones abandoning ship until they have everything transferred to Puerto Rico, Clonmel, and Costa Rica...I just don't want to be one of the last when they say "bye-bye, and by the way there's no package left."

20. intheknow34

intheknow34 Guest

The last post is sad but most likely true. They are moving the jobs overseas but of course the company would never say it publicly. They give some other half-true excuse about business when really they should just say they're trying to reduce labor costs. I know a supervisor there who was offered a chance to go train his replacements in Costa Rica about a year ago and he told them no.