Canned and uncanned.....

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jul 31, 2014 at 9:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sat next to a rep who got uncanned within the first two weeks. Had a benevolent manager who saw the stupidity of who was out and who was in. Not enough of this around. Most managers provide zero in helping their folks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A good manager will always fight for his team if its the right thing to do. I had many discussions with my DCO about representatives that she felt should be moved out because of minor things to set an example for the Region. I refused to manage out these individuals and instead chose to coach them to make them a better representative. I'm glad I took that path as some of them are still with the company. What happens though is the target is now on your back as a manager because you disagreed with the DCO. I would rather fall on the sword if I truly believed in my team, or thought upper management was just head hunting to set a tone of fear. I paid the price for that, but sleep well at night.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad to say there are managers who do not take the high road. They play favorites, protecting their pals over good workers. The sad truth is that some of these managers either do not have the skill or interest in coaching their reps. They are comfortable with an easy paycheck. They will not coach to improve the reps nor will they go to bat for them. They've decided to take a pass on putting any effort in doing their job. I've also known reps who were displaced. They knew the science and products and were dependable workers. The manager sat back and let them be cut.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great day today - the new lists have been handed to HR for the next and very large CANNING - it was quit a project but the ax is now being sharpened. Bring on those extra stock dividends - I want a new house on the beach in Cape May - bye bye to the lingering refuse!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A rep could easily lose their job if the DCO is new and has no real knowledge of the rep. The DCO could make a rash, uninformed decision. It's the duty of the ctl to stand up for the rep I these cases. New DCOs recognize they might not have all the knowledge they need, they need the ctl input. There should be no fear for a ctl. I would be more worried about this situation if I didn't step up for people who deserved my help.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know of one CTL who is a rep magnet. Yep, big reputation for standing up for their reps. Good manager too. High results. A coach too. Several reps I know grabbed spots in that district because the CTL was so good! Why aren't there more of these types ...we're begging in the field!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Troll

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the managers would never do anything to hurt themselves. They would let a better rep be displaced over one that is kept for a variety of reasons-lower salary, less time in their pension, and one that kisses their bosses butt. Sad but true.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to the suck known as Merck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does it "hurt" a manager to do the right thing?

To cut a good rep for minor factors? Salary differences, for having a pension (what were they, 20 years?), not being a butt kisser? To do such things the person looking back at them in the mirror must be a tin man /woman.....definitely not the makings of a good ctl either.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They do not do the right thing. They do not stand up to the upper management by defending the better rep. They just allow that rep to be cut because they do not want to cause any waves. Better to just keep quiet and keep their jobs; they never want to rock the boat.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do we have cowards in management instead of leaders? If you know how to approach upper management it can be done without rocking any boats. If you are a manager it means you are deemed to be a leader. Stepping up for what is right can only make the manager stand out as a leader.

How many of these managers like that are working here? This place is in a sorry state if they all cower away from doing what is right.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do the right thing.....maybe Merck or MSD of the 80's. Now, no way, no how!! Makes me laugh.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ctl's who aspire to become a DCO or similar have always pushed back. They fight tooth and nail for the talented reps and surround themselves with such talent. Everyone knows who the talent is, very black and white. I applaud Dco's and Ctl's who can assemble a high performing team, it takes a ton of work but the end result can be off the charts.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If someone is a steadfast worker and has the brains its the role of the manager to help them achieve the best business results they can. Not such a tough thing for any manager, if they're checked in and functional in their own job.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are all idiots. You're freaking drug reps! You don't have a real job but yet you think you are contributing to society. Who gives a shiot what you're manager thinks or you think. Your are not 'sales". You're not. Just shut the fock up and get the paycheck. Quit complaining and play the game while you can. You are going to get canned soon and then you will be introduced to the real world. Ha, ha, you're a drug rep!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, and you hang out on a drug rep website to make yourself feel better. Who's the REAL loser? (Hint: look in the mirror).

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I reviewed a few linkedin bios on managers. Found it very amusing. Some of the LERs praised the ctl with working wonders. Lavished them for being the perfect managers..

Meanwhile, in the trenches, most of the peon reps only wished the manager had offered 1/10 of those wonder skills to the "in need to improvement" team!