Check out the Novartis board and what just happened.

Discussion in 'Shionogi' started by Anonymous, Dec 23, 2014 at 10:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prepare.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can see this happening!

I think we all knew that this team was doomed from the minute it was formed. We knew we had two products that were going away in the near future. I also understand that the Vanda deal happened and it was right to tell us about it.
    What I don't understand how is how a group of human beings can sit in a room and make a decision to conduct a conference call on December 22 at 4 PM to tell over 100 people that they are laid off and destroying the holiday for over 100 families. That has to be an all time historical jerk move. Especially when the call starts off telling us that they realize the timing isn't ideal. Really? How about this idea....If the timing isn't ideal, then don't do it? Just a thought.
    Another thought is that they wouldn't have done it unless there was some kind of financial benefit to them gained by notifying us in December instead of January. I am sure there was some voice of reason (also called a conscience) that spoke up and suggested that they wait until after the new year. Clearly that didn't happen and I struggle to believe their explanation that they wanted to be transparent and communicate this to us on a timely basis so we would have more time to look for work and apply for internal spots.
    I am sure this falls on deaf ears but whatever. Now it's time to start cancelling vacations that were planned after we were told that we were safe.
    I hope all the HQ people that made this decision enjoy their holidays.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We only have one product. Of course this will happen to us. At least they will wait until after the Holiday. Thank you Shionogi!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ROTA's will be first to go since they have the highest salaries and don't do anything. The only reason they are successful is because of hospital systems in their area.