CPT 2011 code changes?

Discussion in 'Cardionet' started by Anonymous, Jan 14, 2011 at 6:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did the AMA nix the daily billing/holter codes that have been so wildly abused over the past few years? I heard they put the hammer down on this and strictly enforcing the use of only interp and/or hook-up codes...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not exactly sure why this would matter. Only one company continued doing this until a few months ago. Who is doing it now?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Physicians? Overly desperate CardioNet reps? Overly desperate eCardio reps? The issue was a plague for too long but what's changed since the update? Is the landscape now entirely free of billing wars and down to simply the technology itself?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing has changed. Why would you think this would have any impact on anything? You're grasping for anything to save you and sadly this is not it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not aware of any change. Physicians will continue to do what they want and if they are not happy with the reimbursement they not not use any of them and use old event monitors. "Overly desperate" cardionet and ecardio reps??? How many reps can that even be, and how many practices could that be? Lets say 5 cardionet reps each with 1-2 practices sticking their necks out.... Not enough to make any difference! I would have to say no to the technology part since there really is not a significant difference between any of you. Customer service, ease of use, and paperwork reduction will prevail when there is no reimbursement. Too bad the big 2 fail miserably in these areas.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Save who from what? All these companies (and physicians) are playing the same game.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So why would this impact anything?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The AMA retired those codes for this year. Old news my friends. Nobody is using the daily codes, not even your friends at ecardio. Next question.