Recruiter Here With A Question About Applied?

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Jun 4, 2014 at 8:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You didn't answer the question. Why would they throw in the towel when they've been doing so well, regardless sof what they're selling?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quit while you're ahead, sell high dummy. In case you've been living under a rock the past 10 years, laparoscopic surgery hasn't changed one iota. Supply chain is already making the decisions for these products. When was the last time you heard a doctor or group of doctors say "man, that is the best trocar ever! I have to have that Applied Medical trocar!" Probably never. The conversation is more like "it's fine, it seems to work most of the time. If I have to use it, I will, now leave me alone And stop trying to convince me the one with a balloon on it is better for my patients you knucklehead with a 4 year degree from a third tier university."

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha! So true!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently it so happens that even Bernie Madoff ran a successful company for 20+ years and we all know how well that ended. Then there's the story of Enron, apparently the management there too were running a successful company for some 20+ years. We know now what a class act that was. This is not to insinuate that applied is duping its investors by running a Ponzi scheme or cooking its books but one never knows.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the Hassan cut down entry technique the Gelport Balloon trocar is better for both the surgeon and the patients. For laparoscopic colectomy cases they can use that port for stapling which saves the patient either an additional or larger 12mm trocar abdominal entry incision where the Umbilicus is the port that already gets sutured in a Hassan approach to begin with. Trialing the products brings validity to the four year third tier college graduate. Afterall we are clinically certified sales managers and not doctor otherwise we wouldn't be writing on this website. That is why good clinical sales managers are needed to fight the resistance to change.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What?? "Hassan cut down entry technique" ?? Just review your Training Class notes? Please tell me you don't speak to a surgeon like that. The Scrub Sink Ambush & regurgitating surgical terms need to be left behind as soon as possible. Speak to them like normal people and be humble.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Humble bumble your the one that fumbles written word can sometimes come out as mumble more important is the use of them when they are picked from the jumble.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mumble! Mumble!! to intentionally jumble, that's the way of the Applied bumble, for he knows not when to be humble, so he keeps on fumble! fumble!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lame game shame shame kick the ball your to blame. Who's the buffoon selling the gelport balloon benefiting both patient and doctor creating a sales cocoon? Is it not humble to talk fact in exacts without turning back?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...there goes again the Applied goon! speaking his loony toon.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha!..there goes again the Applied goon mumbling his loony toon.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whichever Applied engineer or sales manager that keeps bumping posts is just trying to distract those from seeing the truth. They figure by posting gibberish, maybe someone will post something new but Applied always has been and always will be a C or D med device company that surgeons hate And hospital administrators hate dealing with.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When in trouble, obfuscate!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put simply, Applied Medical couldn't be a worse place to work. I worked here for years and its depressing how under appreciated you are as an employee for this company. The CEO acts as if he is in the business of saving lives and "partnering" with hospitals, per his lecture he gives the new class of trainees every month (turnover is so high its too embarrassing to address)

You are lied to about the money you can make, and its not even close. Compensation plans are often changed mid quarter and if you ask questions about this you are labeled a bad seed.

Im so glad to be gone from here, it was the worst decision of my career. The saddest part is most of the "management" team has never worked anywhere but Applied so you can't really blame them totally for having such awful leadership. The environment in the sales organization is so toxic and demoralizing. I had worked at highly dynamic organizations previously and found myself constantly shaking my head in amazement at how they treat their sales people as high school students. Good managers help make sales people better by recognizing strengths and fostering talent form there. Applied managers just go through the motions..oh and try and motivate by threats..good riddance

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those of you who left and are happy where you landed, what are you selling in your new roles? You don't have to list company names, just curious what you're selling now.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Applied look good on your resume? where can you go with 1-2 years experience there?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen some reps upgrade to ortho companies it really does depend on how solid your sales skills education teachability motivation and tons of other non quantitative attributes that you present to have mastered.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied is strictly entry level, or for those who are unemployed.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I felt the need to answer this question posed by this supposed knowledgeable recruiter. First, any credible recruiter would never post to anonymous vent a question that is basically used for disgruntled former employees since if you are so knowledgeable and have such vast experience why post to an anonymous vent then for under one company then if you know the supposed answer to it? Odd, isn't it?

Second, the fact that you need to make damaging statements in your question is revealed in the fact that you want the audience to hear your message which its intent is meant to be negative to dissuade candidates from going to Applied possibly in my opinion since you reference the amount of resumes you are getting from so many Applied candidates……….

Third, most third party recruiters are highly motivated for fees and will say anything for a fee, typically and most internal recruiters are compensated off hitting sales targets and goals so the authenticity of this author is extremely questionable in my opinion, so any reputable and knowledgeable recruiter wouldn't' have to solicit advice from Cafe Pharma which caters to disgruntled former employees that's what " anonymous vents" attract hence why it is anonymous any credible recruiter would know this and part of the scare tactics recruiters use to maximize their chances of placement of candidates.

In addition, none of the statements on any of these boards are statements of fact, they are just conjecture since every sales force is going to have 20-30 percent of their sales force that turns over due to poor performance, FYI. You can look on Linkedin and see how the employee's move up at Applied look for TMA, TM, LCM, DM, etc. etc. The majority of the reps are busy selling, making money, and moving up. They don't have time to visit anonymous vents for rebuttals to constant complainers, which by the way is a sign of a bad rep which is negativity which no company wants them in the organization once they become cancerous.
    Just remember a lot of times competitors, internal recruiters, and external recruiters try and degrade companies they compete against for candidates so it is a well known fact in the HR world these people do this hence why it is anonymous vents so there is no way to know who is writing them.

I just felt a need to address how stupid this question is for a supposed recruiter with such vast experience feels a need to basically ask a question to a known site that caters to disgruntled employees. in which he/she already supposedly should know or does know as indicated by their question.

Unfortunately, a lot of these anonymous job vents in my opinion are for internal and external recruiters to try and stoke fear into candidates to influence their opinions on companies. Obviously Applied Medical is doing a lot of things right if you are making good products and surpassing your competitors for market share and your expanding globally and revenues are going up and your on a hiring spree so deductive reasoning would tell you that the majority of reps are doing well if your revenues are going up each year and your growing as a company, those are metrics you should evaluate things on in my opinion.

Everyone has a different personality so Applied could be the right company for one person and the wrong company for another just because of different personalities, etc so when you read these vents ask yourself is this person writing this are they the top 30 percent or bottom 30 percent at Applied? No one would ever take advise from somone that does their job poorly this should be the same with negative vents that don't provide facts.

Go to Linkedin and seek out the successful reps, and no one would ever listen to someone that failed or was poor at their profession. In my opinion its what a lot of candidates do that listen to negative job vents you might actually close the door on a good company that was a good fit for you but wasn't for someone else in my opinion.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the total compensation expected for a rep in an average territory?