Excise Tax

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Jun 11, 2013 at 4:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are your distributors handling the excise tax? Ours is kicking the 2.3% right down to the sales reps. Depuy couldn't at least split it? But Obamacare is supposed to help the middle class....What a joke. Curious to hear how others are handling it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same deal we are paying the 2.3 which is interesting because as far as I know none of the other JnJ employees or even independents are paying it. I think about half of the spine reps are paying it. Why don't they just give us some nice JnJ lube before they.......

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i work for a distributor in the dirty south and pay 2.3% of monthly sales - paid only 97,700 per 100,000

blows

i believe synthes trauma in spots is hit the same way.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Durbin passes it on to us.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depuy is trying hard to loose their appeal to the sales force. I have seriously considered heading over to the big Z. Competitive rep conversion commission for two years as a W-2 with nice benefits. Then after 2 years I will only be 1 percent lower my current commission percentage with Depuy. When you account for all the benefits, this device tax it, and all the BS going on at Depuy it makes more and more sense

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have had the same feelings. It seems DePuy is intentionally pushing to see how far they can go before they start losing people/business. I am sure some bean counter in an ivory tower has worked out the exact algorithm as to how much they can get away with before they lose quality people.

I also very seriously considered making a move over the past year. All we need is one more serious PR hit and there could be a mass exodus.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That PR hit is on its way with pinnicle.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could you at least learn how to spell Pinnacle you bafoon!?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really sticking it to the reps. Couldn't they at least split it? Depuy corporate better tread carefully. They constantly let you down and your lucky if you get a call back. It's a shame.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just read that the excise taxes paid by J&J are tax deductible and therefore estimated to be payments of 1.5% and not 2.3%. This is from a Moody's report. I am officially confused by this excise tax. My distributor has passed this tax down to all the reps. Can someone explain how is achieved? J&J pay it up front and then get it on the back end for the distributors/sales reps. Just trying to wrap my head around it.

As accounts keep pushing for 3000 knees and 4000 hips, the hits keep on coming.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ouch. Try moving. I'm getting 3x those numbers. That means I'm also doing 1/3rd the work you are. Relocate relocate relocate. I had to because of same issue, now I'm killing it and living large.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you really getting 9000 for knees and 12000 for hips??? Please tell me the region this exists. Not doubting, just surprised and happy to hear it.

Do you anticipate that changing with Obamacare and bundled payments in the pipeline?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Move west, away from the concrete jungle. Hell, even the weather is better.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This happened to me also! I almost tripled what I was getting a knee by finding the right territory. And I happen to be west also