Tell me something good...

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Feb 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any reason to consider working here? I will appreciate any/all feedback. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are unemployed, it is a job to hold you over until you get something else. Also, if you have no device experience, it is a good job to cut your teeth in the industry. Hope this helps.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every post you've read on here in the past 3-4 yrs is true. This place sucks, is cheap as all hell, and management is so conceded and clueless that they think they're the only trocar company in the world. I'm hoping we get bought out but I'm not planning on staying around much longer so it don't matter

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your responses are much appreciated. Thank you.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every post you read on here in the past 3-4 years is written by a handful of disgruntled reps. The job is what you make of it. Don't believe everything you read on an anonymous message board. Ask people who have been there for a while and see what they like/dislike about it. There's always shit to complain about.

I dare anyone to find a company where everything is sunsets and butterflies and you make a shitload of money, have a company Lexus with a fat expense account to entertain your surgeons, and you get to stay in the Ritz whenever you travel. Isn't that what all these complainers what?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management simply ignores problems, and is of little help when the shit is about to hit the fan in an account. It's like they don't want to be bothered. Forget about asking for help. It won't come.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Examples? Because I think you're just a complainer.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not a complainer and that's why I just left. My current company doesn't put u up in a comfort inn with roommates. Has a regional meeting in fucking Cleveland! Doesn't allow you to have soda for lunch! These r the little things that make you fully aware of what a cheap piece of shit company you work for. The only reason to work at applied is if you have no other option. Plain and simple. And to the manager on here why defend this place? Because they pay you 60k to stick around and hire people who don't know any better and/or are desperate. For anyone who is stuck there make the comp plan work for u. Get your manager to give you a low quota for one quater and get the fuck out! You don't have to stay in device either. Any sales gig is better.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? A comfort inn? A soda? I don't think so. Try again. You know you're not being truthful there.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry. I meant the cheapest no-name stank ass motel. And yes, the only option for beverages was water because you SOB's are so friggin cheap!!!! When I was interviewing, recruiters were begging me for my résumé because "Applied is a C or even D rated medical device company" (the recruiter's words, not mine. This was coming from a highly respected recruiter who has been around for 20+ yrs and has passed on HUNDREDS of Applied Medical resumes) how's that Alexis bonus going for you this quarter? I heard Covidien is eating your lunch

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're too funny. You make me laugh. So a Marriot is a "cheap no-name stank ass motel"? And water? Really? Water? C'mon. comments like that make people realize you're exaggerating and sound like a dumbass. Your recruiter must really knows his shit too. He's passed on HUNDREDS (not hundreds, but HUNDREDS) of resumes and has been around for over 20 years. You're right. He knows his shit.

Glad you're not with the company. I'd love to have to be dealing with someone as bright and all knowing as you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry not a comfort inn it was a courtyard marriott and it's the same fucking thing but worse you made have roommates. You're the cheapest med decks company in period. That's a fact

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know it's fun reading your posts all over this board. Everything you have to say is negative. Tell me a company right now, that is rolling in the $ and has fat expense accounts, rooms for everyone, massive comp plans, etc... Ok then, how about a company that's not laying off people.

You're lucky to have a fucking job right now asshole.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Endologix

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So after spending the past two days reading all the post here on Cafepharma, here is what I have uncovered about this company:

1) the comp plan is below average and erratic. Some quarters you make money, and other quarters you don't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

2) the senior mgmt team is out of touch with reality and doesn't seem to care about the opinions of the sales reps who are in the accts every day talking to surgeons. They just want robots who do what they are told like a parent telling their kid to eat his vegetables.

3) there isn't much money put back into R&D, thus there aren't any new/innovative devices Applied has developed in a few yrs.

4) the products "suck" and are cheap. I could go into depth about specific products but this is just a summary

5) surgeons and hospital staff do not like the products. They tolerate them. Materials mgrs/purchasing are less than thrilled with the reps/mgrs level of support.

6) the benefits are below the industry standard and the 401k is deceiving

7) the CRM software reps are forced to use is unreliable/inaccurate and basically just a way for the mgrs to micromanage everyone

8) quotas are unrealistic

9) the reps Applied generally hires are clueless (I'm seeing a pattern for why they don't pay well)

10) you can't buy a surgeon a lunch, you can't buy bagels/coffee for inservices, and Applied doesnt believe in doing dinners to educate its surgeons on how to use its products. Instead, they force the doctors to pay $250 a non-refundable fee to attend a course.

11) expenses are less than adequate (capped at $250 per month. If one goes over that amount , he/she has to eat it)

12) turnover is one of the worst in the industry and the company doesn't seem to care. No value in rep retention. Turn and burn mentality.

13) no trips/awards......morale is low

So in summary, is there ANYTHING good about this company?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Back in the day they had a "presidents club". I was in the top ten and a winner of the supposed PCLUB in 2006. Our reward: a three nite stay at the marriott in Laguna Hills, a personal tour of all three manufacturing facilities by Said, a catered dinner at th Home office, and a day trip to Catalina Island that we paid out of pocket for and were reimbursed.... You can't make this shit up!!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. That is sad. Probably better to just not have a reward trip.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ROTFLMAO. No, REALLY........tell me that wasnt true!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish I could, but sadly it's true.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wasn't enough for you to have a significant impact on satisfying the pressing economic needs of our customers by passing the savings on YOUR salary to them? Weren't your proud to belong to an organization that develops team members who, in turn, develop technologies, products, and market share? Your avaricious demeanor exasperates my equanimity !..... Now back to my mansion and multi-million dollar paychecks.
    Ps.: Screw the greedbag shareholders and VCs.