Ever notice?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 2, 2011 at 5:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sometimes visit cafe pharma to get information and sometimes the posts are entertaining. However, more often than not, the posts start out with a thought provoking idea and denegrate into a mud slinging excersize. You know, like " will there be layoffs?" Some one relplies with:

" I heard June"
    Then someone else replies " sounds like bullshit to me. Your probably some loser who got layed off living in your moms basement" " get a job"

" I am not a loser. I have a mercedes and a beach house." Keep delivering your pies"

" Oh yea, well your just a grey hair who is too lazy to get a real job"

" If you don't like it get off of cafe pharma trunk monkey"

And on it goes on. I know I am being unrealistic, but wouldn't it be nice if someone who had legitamate information about layoffs or any other subject could post the info without being called a pie delivering grey haired loser. I for one would like to know from someone credible or in uppermanagement if there really are going to be layoffs again. Because unfortanately we are going to hear the truth from our transparent leadership

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I sometimes visit cafe pharma to get information..."
    U··R··REALLY···ÐUMB··4··REAL!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There ARE going to be layoffs in 2011 - there is no question about that. It is in the works already for Spring and there will be more in the Fall. The question is exactly how deep the cuts will be which will likely depend on GSK's numbers in coming quarters.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the last poster: I have been in pharma for many years. NEVER, have I seen two rounds of layoffs in one year as you have predicted (spring & fall). So who are you? An executive w/gsk? An RVP? A rep? Also, we have only been in our new alignments for 6 mos and are spread very thin on the CVMU side. How much larger can the territories get? Are you predicting layoffs by division or across divisions? Very curious.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also, why would the company be filling open spots w/contract reps? Why not not hire anyone if layoffs are pending as you say?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FINALLY GOT OVER THE MID LIFE PHASE OF ROADSTERS-TRADED IN THE SL FOR AN S CLASS SEDAN
    GOT BELOW INVOICE AT 114K.

MORE ROOM, BACK SEAT AND SUPER NICE. DECEMBER IS THE BEST MONTH TO BUY! DONT FORGET THAT! IRIDIUM METALLIC SILVER & BLACK LEATHER INT CANT BE BEAT!

TIRED OF LEAVING MY ROADSTER IN FL HALF OF THE YEAR AND HAVING 2 CARS. TIME TO TIGHTEN UP AND HAVE 1 CAR. NICE MOVE. PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK. MY BUD LEAVES HIS JEEP AT THE CONDO IN FL AND I USE IT WHILE I AM DOWN THERE NOV-MAR.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is that most of the posts are made by former employees that feel as if they are victims. As such, they make up a bunch of crap to post on the board and then spend the rest of the time bashing people. Most of what you will find on this board is useless.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Duh, they will keep the cheaper contract reps and get rid of the more expensive non-contract reps

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may be correct in that most of the posting are from former employees."The problem is that most of the posts are made by former employees that feel as if they are victims."
    This is the only place to have a voice when HR will only turn their heads when reps question manager's behaviors. Exactly quoted to me from HR, "Suck it up, he won't be your manager forever." 1 month later, he found a way to terminate me. Thanks for the advice HR.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ITA with OP.

I am *not* a sales rep--I am, in fact, in finance, and have a fairly decent knowledge of "insider" information; however, I would never share anything on this board, as it seems it's been taken over by the remedial sophomore class of my local public high school. Which is all really too bad, as it surely would be nice to have a civilized, rational, thoughtful conversation with others in the company--or those who were previously with in the company--and toss around ideas, thoughts, gripes, complaints, etc.

Perhaps there's an opportunity there, to create a moderated board that still allows anonymous postings...hmmmm...watch out cafepharma! When I finally get laid-off by GSK, I might give you a run for your money! :)

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The fact is there are always rumor of layoffs, and the rumors are usually true.