Another Diabetes Competitor Approved

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 1, 2014 at 10:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jardiance, Lilly's SGLT2, just got approved today. Wow!!! This should help our cause of growing our franchise. Within another six months we are looking at possibly two more. Not looking good for our one trick Pony. We have a good product but we need more. Time for those bolt on companies for diabetes right now!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lilly is hiring PC reps who are tried and true PC. It will be an overflow of diabetes reps from every direction and many companies.....I can imagine the Januvia franchise will be hit north, south, east and west.

Anywhere in the world of diabetes.....selling will be a pressure keg!
    Everyone wants the biggest bite....and no one will give up a single morsel.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be so pessimistic. Our products are the best. They are just wasting their time trying to take market away from us with their new ones.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which of products is "best"? Is it one of our lipid meds, none of which even remotely is best at anything except being overpriced. Is it januvia that's "best"? You know, that overpriced placebo that barely lowers A1Cs and hasn't been proven to actually do anything.

I think we have the worst products on the market today.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. People are fat and so we will continue to have a huge diabetic market.
    2. It is a free country so other companies will continue to enter the market.
    3. Just like the ACEI and A2 markets. Now more and more will come in with a me-too drug with very little differences. The novelty is long gone.
    4. The best sales person will win.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dpp-4 is old technology. Glorified SFU. Sglt-2 is new technology. Better A1c, weight loss, BP reductions. Merck has one too, but by time they get it out, there will be no room for it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a joke! Insulin is old technology also dumbass...Any therapy with that many side effects and causing that much trouble with other unrelated pathways should have never been approved...SGLT-2's will cause so much shit that we'll profit...Merck needs to have another Noroxin for UTI's...there is a real boom! Do all that bad shit for a few pounds of dehydration and A1c no better than Januvia! Selacryn, Flecanide and Rezulin were new technologies as well and they were safer than this shit! The more they sell and the more they lie the harder the hammer will fall...and it will...just bet thousands of trial lawyers are about to shit their britches over these! Doctors will also get hammered on these lawsuits because they forgot how to read package circulars and don't understand the warnings and precautions! Have fun with your 'new technology' that adds new flavor to the term 'glycosuria'!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fact. Expect Januvia/Janumet to come under extreme pressure that price hikes will only make worse. The SGLT-2 drugs may have UTI side effects but I think a lot of docs and patients will gladly trade that for the weight loss.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why haven't we gone into the insulin business...we are allowing competitors to outflank us...doesn't make sense now there are options for Type II and PC market place like Mannkind. A1c is not the holy grail and the ADA has already said as much...it doesn't make sense to create future cardio cancer issues in younger people and in older diabetics the spikes in current treatment regimens are more problematic than a slightly higher monthly average. Also, don't we already supply Mannkind with base insulin?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are working on insulin and SGLT2 but are years out. 2018 earliest. In the meantime we need to bash other companies for bringing these out first.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh please.... By 2018 the world will be a different place.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me too, me too. Our pipeline is exactly the opposite of what management preaches about.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So why isn't everyone on insulin? I'd trade a UTI for an increased risk of pancreatitis which is real with Januvia. Dpp-4 is beta cell dependent for its efficacy, beta cell function 80% declined before diabetic is even diagnosed. That's why Dpp-4's effect is so minimal. Head to head studies have shown A1c superiority Invokana over Januvia. Removing 70 to 120 grams of glucose a day from the diabetic will reduce micro vascular effects. Long term kidney and cardiovascular outcomes studies are under way. Something that Merck ( who used to believe in outcomes) has neglected to do with Januvia. The weight loss is real. BMI's changed so it was not water weight.
    By the way, in your rant over lawsuits and new technologies you forgot to mention Vioxx.
    Doctors and the FDA, however have long memories of the largest drug recall in US history.
    You didn't really think this through did you? But I understand your fear as expressed as the anger in your rant. Januvia is all Merck really has left and it's obsolete.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My, my you really have slurped up the Merck kookade. There are head to heads Sglt-2 v. Januvia that shows better A1C reductions for Invokana. The weight loss is real. BMI's changed. I'd trade a UTI for the risk of pancreatitis which is real with Januvia. Removing 80 to 120 grams of glucose will show micro vascular benefits. Outcome studies are underway. Something Merck neglected to do with Januvia. Dpp-4 is dependent on beta cell function which is already ( up to 80%) declined in diabetic. In your lawsuit new drug rant you forgot to mention Vioxx. The FDA hasn't forgotten the largest drug recall in US history. But, typical Merckie, you bought the company propaganda and didn't do your own homework. If Sglt-2 is " shit" why is everyone one, including Merck rushing to get one? No, Merck is losing their diabetic " franchise" just like they did, cardiovascular, statin, respiratory, osteoporosis...and is becoming an obsolete player in the marketplace, just like Januvia.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will be no Merck in 2018. What remains of Merck will have been engulfed in a merger.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ECHO...Echo...echo

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that it will be Merck that gets eaten and dismembered. If such a thing is biologically possible.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That can be the only reason to keep KF around. Keep the lawyer to oversee the sell off. It sure ain't for research, development, new drugs, or other growth entities.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A salient point, although he is a terrible attorney.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get your head out of your ass...bladder cancer, bone loss, thyroid, electrolyte imbalences, dehydration, yeast infections, increase in CV events the 1st 60 days! Live in a dream world! Safest is always better and your weight loss as a function of dehydration and loss of a nutrient is great! Just remember that the proven CV events with Vioxx was 1/2300th of 1%, try that on for size! When trial lawyers get into it only a little shit hitting the fan produces 'brown out' everywhere!