Bioscience Layoffs?

Discussion in 'Baxter' started by Anonymous, Apr 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have no doubt that this story is true. When the Rochester plant was shut down, the sme acitivity happened at the plant.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Step onto the manufacturing floor "clean rooms" at Baxter LA at 2am for a plant that runs 24/7/365. You'll see this for yourself. I'm sure it is no secret someone would rather unzip a clean room gown than spend 20min changing just to go to the bathroom. The company management has just looked the other way. It's a company cultural thing.
    A business culture that has cut corners. Instead of addressing problems and fixing them it is easier to ignore them and get by.
    I as well would not want what is made at Baxter LA in my body. Nor my loved ones.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like someone who got laid off...Mr. JG?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

exempt/non-exempt status

You really have no clue about what you are talking about.. so ignorant.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: exempt/non-exempt status

So enlighten the ignorant then. If you can't elaborate, keep your comments to yourself.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know whats going on with the Samayan vs baxter case?

I also heard that there is another wave of laid off coming soon for baxter Thousand oaks. Funny how they hired more Supervisors for manufacturing and laid off other associates.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's nothing compared to what happened on January 21, 2011 at Baxter LA. The company line that an employee died cleaning a tank is bs.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can only speak about Baxter Bio-Science Los Angeles. Poor management is a trickle down effect. I am familiar with the Quality Labs and the management was a joke. Very insecure, not bright at all, didn't like people to question anything even if it was wrong, inefficient or illegal if it would make them look bad. Lost of shaddy things just to cover their tracks. But the upper management just treats employees poorly and selects the lowest common people to run the place.

One dead and 2 injured today at Baxter LA (Atwater). This thread is spot on. Maybe someone will listen. Or will more innocent people have to die before some real change happens?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If any current or former Baxter Bioscience Los Angeles employees have information about unsafe work practices at the Baxter Los Angeles plant, they should contact Cal/OSHA at (213) 576-7451. I'm sure the OSHA accident investigators would be happy to hear from you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Bioscience -SCOTT what a JOKE

what a joke!

16. the kid

the kid Guest

Re: Bioscience -SCOTT what a JOKE

anyone that can run a department like him should get PRAISE! i have never seen one supervisor have one person under them, LOLOLOLO like I said he should get praised LMAO!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    If the FDA really had its act together and knew what was going on they would probably shut Baxter LA down (But money talks till people die). There are lots of sketchy things that go on at every level. From the manufacturing floor (they actually urinate in drains in the "clean rooms"), to the EM, to the water, quality labs, documentation, facilities, it all gets covered up. What's funny is that there are a few people that believe that they do things correctly and defend how poorly managed everything is.
    I for one would never want an IV drug made in Baxter LA. Not for me, my family, or anyone I care about.

Quote:
    This is very true, he's an arrogant Austrian who thinks his stuff doesn't stink, but he's Joy's boy-toy so let's see what happens. How do you run a supposedly key function like HR supporting a global business from Vienna when it's a 9 hour time difference to our team in WLV? The idiots are now running the asylum.

Let's put the Human back into HR; time for a UNION at Baxter!!
    In 2003, Baxter closed the only union plant in the company - A BioScience Plasma manufacturing plant in Rochester Michigan.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the FDA really had its act together and knew what was going on they would probably shut Baxter LA down (But money talks till people die). There are lots of sketchy things that go on at every level. From the manufacturing floor (they actually urinate in drains in the "clean rooms"), to the EM, to the water, quality labs, documentation, facilities, it all gets covered up. What's funny is that there are a few people that believe that they do things correctly and defend how poorly managed everything is.
    I for one would never want an IV drug made in Baxter LA. Not for me, my family, or anyone I care about.

Quote:
    This is very true, he's an arrogant Austrian who thinks his stuff doesn't stink, but he's Joy's boy-toy so let's see what happens. How do you run a supposedly key function like HR supporting a global business from Vienna when it's a 9 hour time difference to our team in WLV? The idiots are now running the asylum.

Let's put the Human back into HR; time for a UNION at Baxter!!
    In 2003, Baxter closed the only union plant in the company - A BioScience Plasma manufacturing plant in Rochester Michigan.

I never observed any Urinating at the Rochester Plant, and At the Time Rochester had a far better Quality in Production Than Cali did, We were told they had more Bacterial/viral loads on the lines Than Rochester did, and Only reason Rochester was shut down was because we didn't have room to expand on our Property's Facilities. (Only Unionized plant Baxter had Stuck in most of Our heads for the reason we shut down though.) Just before they Shut us down the last year of Union elections was a scam, and then they promoted quite a few Processors to team leaders so they had higher pay for their Severance package. All of us were told we couldn't work at any other Baxter Facility once we were given the Severance package, Not sure how Scott worked his way around that, and as others have said he wasn't the best Supervisor at Rochester and from what I gathered he could sweet talk his way into Raphaels good graces though to offset his unde-par abilities.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cal OSHA needs to interview the workers privately without management presentto get to the truth. They also need to review the SOPs and manufacturing records for how the process was normally conducted. If the process was changed, when was it changed, and for what reason?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so true. FDA sends smarter auditors but they need examine the data and not believe what they are told. How is each required system functioning how do they interlink and do they comply with the regulations. Employees are too scared to speak the truth. They survive by telling management what they expect to hear. Look past the smoke and mirrors. Ive heard from eyewitnesses about the condoms from the night shift and peeing in the drains because its too much time and trouble to degown to use the bathroom. The poster below is right.