CW Update Please

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Pformer Pfizer Pfailure, May 1, 2011 at 9:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. I was "severed" a few years back. HOF winner probably making too much money...wrong sex....wrong race yadda yadda yadda etc. Anyway I was wondering if CW the former VP is still with PFE? How about it....wood U please give me an update?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

gross

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CW, a great example of the Peter Principle.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is that? Those without a peter make good leaders?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A person rises to their level of incompetence

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IN his case, he rose several layers beyond incompetence, ran afoul of someone who realized it, got kicked down the ladder. Too bad he got the the SE region. It has historically been a top performing part of the country, but he still takes all the credit.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He and others like him are exactly why Pfizer is in the shape it is today. Senior management in their infinite wisdom kicked the real leaders of Pfizer to the curb. I am speaking of leaders from the field level to the top. You have leaders at all levels that strive to go the extra mile and be innovative. I think it was McKinnell that asked people to find a way to lead.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a bad guy. Just a dumb guy. Not his fault. Got promoted by a dumb guy. Just occurred to me, what is the average SAT for University of Alabama? Heard they have an "invitation process" instead of an "application process". Is that true?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember when this turd announced the first round of layoffs, with a huge grin on his face? Total moron.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A story went around about the last DM shopping spree in NY that he hosted. After the DM's knew their fate at the end of 2008 but were told not to say anything, he went up to a bunch of DM's at the spree and said "isn't this wonderful, doesn't it motivate you to try and win this again". Not even being aware that the managers had all been told whether they were being retained or not, several people in the group spoke up and reminded him that some people in the group were not in fact going to be kept and already knew that. He stupidly said "well, I'll bet they find something good" and just walked away.

The "Wood U" crap and the grinning hack-saw video he made announcing the 50% reduction in the company is typical of the people that currently populate the ranks of upper management- dumber than a stone boat but will shamelessly say and do anything. That's why they're still around

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He may have a lot of things going against him, but at least:

1. He has actually sold something in this country. That knocks out three of the other RPs, two of whom are foreign and have no clue about our managed markets (NE, South) and one of whom is an HR hack who is trying to figure out what the hell we actually DO (West). Note: I'd still rather work for EC than most of the others.

2. He has been at Pfizer longer than 10 seconds. This knocks out Adele's buddy who is currently "leading" the MW RBU.

3. (and most important if you're in sales) He still understands the value of a strong, proud sales force. A great rep, on their best day, can outperform ANY marketing tool...but those that believe in us are getting less numerous by the day.

So before you sell him short and stab him in the back, just remember who the others are...and whether any of them are any better than him. Trust me, they are all WORSE. Not sure that's a ringing endorsement of our senior "leadership", but as they say, CW is the tallest midget out there as far as I'm concerned...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Old Goober is the luckiest used car salesman I've ever met. On top of that the SOB is vicious, like a pitbull vicious.

Pitbulls are happy friendly little beasts until they snap or are challenged in any way by another dog (just existing is usually enough for pits). Old Goober is exactly the same way. I'm certain there's a shitload of dead bodies in his wake to get where he is and to stay there.

I've heard his "selling" stories. Maybe that obnoxiously aggressive good ol boy shit worked a century ago when there were no competitors or generics, but not today. He'd likely get slapped and shown the door if he tried that crap at my offices.

Even worse, my DBM listens to him and follows his orders like a good little nazi.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hope you are feeling better about yourselves. What goes around comes around. Feel good about casting that first stone? Be ready for some coming at you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And now?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gomer Pyle will not make this time around - watch he will be gone this time!!!

Wood U! please accept this package Gomer??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would be far cheaper to cut his pay and keep him.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the record, CW was a DM in Alabama, he graduated from a small Florida college (UCF or something like that), He was a pitcher on the College World Series winning team (don't know how much he played). You may remember that Pfizer was "fascinated" by ex-military and athlete types during the 80's. Alabama has "invitation admission" standards for athletes only.

I have worked for many people during my 20 plus years in this industry. He is the "original article" that Pfizer created the current "template" for managers. That to say he was the most horrible person I have ever worked for .......anywhere.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Goober is still around???? Wow!! I reported directly to him at HQ for several years. What an experience! The stuff about his grinning ear to ear the day he told us all we were being severed and what a great day it was for Pfizer is all true. What most do not know however, is how he would stand in front of the mirror in the restroom and wink and point at himself. Bad enough to do it while alone, but when others were there to see it, it makes you wonder about the stability of the guy.

I will celebrate on the day I get the news of his involuntary departure.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry pal. He might have been the template for Pfizer Labs or Pratt. No way he was a template for Roerig.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Template" for the horrible managers of today. I know that "Roerig" was the second Division and Pratt the third. CW was a Labs DM to Pratt RM to youngest VP in Prizer history. He is the only person that I am aware of that skipped the Training Manager/Asst to the RM role entirely. I apologize for any insult. I doubt that Hank would have hired or promoted him. He was first "Charlies boy" then "Al W's boy".