ESP

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Khepri, Aug 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Khepri

Khepri Guest

We are starting on the ESP work..... What do you think the goal is.... Nobody brave enough to ask.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you mean? The goal is clear.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Timing? People Retention? Global impact?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ESP is a program to maximize shared services. IT, Finance, HR and Procurement will all move into a multifunctional shared services group, under a COO. These functions will still be aligned with the sectors but only at the front-end. The back-end will all be enterprise.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Timing: december final blueprint will be on the EC, execution will follow rapidly, global impact!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will there be lay offs?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha ha ha ha ha...

Come on...seriously. Do you think J&J has done ANYTHING in the last 8 years that does not lead to layoffs? When you hear 'center of excellence' or 'enterprise process' it's just a nice way of saying we are going to slash middle management, cut anyone who isn't 110% loaded, and then watch services drop.

Gotta send some more money to Alex's stock fund...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Get ready.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course. How could I forget. The annual Thanksgiving culling. It isn't Thanksgiving if there are no lay offs at JNJ.
    What an absolutely pathetic, over-rated, unscrupulous company run by a bunch of in-effect morons.

I hope these morons get what they give....!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, I beg to disagree. The Senior HR leaders in New Jersey I have met are not morons. They are idiots, too busy admiring themselves in the mirror to even look out of the window.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah... semantics! Morons ..idiots we agree! They are ineffective. Why don't we outsource all of HR? I can't see their value at all.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But is says "Value" right in HR's mission? How else will J&J hit it's diversity numbers if you outsource HR? Where will all the ineffective, back-stabbing, female VP's in the company go? Then we will miss LF strutting around like she actually knows what she is doing and has a clue.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's true. JNJ HR the home of the diverse female, with no leadership skills or personality. They should re-make the Stepford Wives with a JNJ team.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am actually laughing out loud. I have often thought about a reality show depicting the insanity at JNJ. HR would be a great place to start. My experience having worked at several divisions of JNJ is that the HR VP's and their lackeys are all very similar.

Don't do much but think they are over run with work, have a very high opinion of themselves, feel highly entitled and smarter than the rest of us plebes, very secretive and do NOTHING but cover their asses and those of upper management.

For example, if you file a complaint against a director they say they will handle it, but never do and the same shit happens with someone else reporting on this very inept director. The pathetic part is that everyone knows this director is an a- hole!!

What the hell do you need a group of people who feel so entitled in the organization?

They have outsourced far more important functions!!!!! WHAT A JOKE.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't they already outsource HR ? Otherwise why I have been dialing 1-800 who gives a shit.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we didn't have HR in-sourced where would all those middle aged ladies get to meet, have a soy skinny coffee and chat about their hair?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess it wasn't really about "resource allocation".

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thought I'd resurrect an old thread rather than creating new since the topic remains the same.
    This program is obviously moving slower than management wanted. Jobs have begun to get eliminated (HR) and the shared service centers are starting to be announced. Tampa will support the North American market and will house about 700 people that will most likely come in from the outside J&J resulting in corresponding layoffs throughout the rest of J&J. There will also be the global shared service center whose location escapes me at the moment. This facility will be even larger and will shift even more of the high $$ US jobs overseas.

Any others have info on this program? I'm curious what the total impact to headcount will be, I know IT and Procurement will get hit the hardest.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will be big, see the rest of big pharma or P&G for examples, you'll see 4000+ in shared services. Any time they admit to doing something as a cost cutting measure, you know people will be out a job, its not like they will cut R&D. I doubt you see anything in 2015 though.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The layoffs coming up won't be limited the the functions targeted by the ESP initiative. There will be many layoffs across all disciplines. Those with high salaries below the VP level are targets. They are expanding the span of control to cut costs. Taking out Director level salaries has the biggest savings hit. After GHRT and the global salary banding project, they eliminated multi level Directors and Managers and now the presence of those with Sr. Director and Sr. Manager titles has appeared again and this is under the microscope. If you are a highly paid Director in any function, you are a target for position elimination. Get your resume updated so you are prepared when you are called for a meeting with HR.