Layoffs

Discussion in 'Vivus Pharmaceuticals' started by Charley?, May 8, 2014 at 2:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Charley?

Charley? Guest

Qsymia is now generic, whar does this meen?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Means vivus does not need a sales force.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did anyone really think this job would last more than two years?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have 15 years of veteran experience. I am never planning for a two year job. I have moths to feed

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all knew this contract was for two years. It's our damn fault for not looking around after getting hired for this overpriced product. When it goes generic and the price is right it will sell like crazy. I say lets all look for jobs and do what we have to do to keep the crooks happy. And it want be much from my end!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read your email concerning patent protection. Grow Up.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is typical for 505(b)2 drugs. A 505(b)2 is a new drug application using a combination of 2 already known drugs such as phentermine and topiramate that creates a medication with a specific outcome. The win rate for generic drug makers who pursue a paragraph IV is about 50%.

Before everybody wets their pants, I think Vivus has a good shot at winning, but one really never knows in this situation.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go ahead and piss, my manager said to start looking. It's over.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She probably suggested that you start looking because the PDI contract is up in August and the salesforce is being redirected/focused which requires fewer sales reps. You are one less person that she would need to let go. Nothing will be decided for the next 24-30 months regarding generic Qsymia.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager said that the pdi contract will not be extended and the company that sales our male enhancement drug will take over Qsymia. I'm in the top 40% and I was told to start looking. This job has not been rewarding so I really don't care.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You might be right about Auxilium Pharmaceuticals taking over the sales contract. Look who is on the Board of Auxilium, Nancy Lurker

http://www.auxilium.com/about-auxilium/board-of-directors/

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe my manager. We are very close and we have worked with each other from a previous job. We are both looking to get out of here!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what does everyone think about us being told not to worry about anything, all is ok. Shame on vivus. We have family's to provide for and they should be honest. You can not be 100% positive that we dont generic. It happens a lot and to big pharma company's. I have drs that say they are shocked that we even have a patent. Most say we are rapping patients with our price. Can't say I blame them. After all, our fat ass leader want even use it. A lot of our management could use some Qsymia. I guess they can't afford it also.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you expect Vivus to say?? Ahh, we are screwed? This is definitely a thorn in Vivus's side, but nothing will be decided overnight and nothing is 100% guaranteed in life. What we do know is that Vivus will fight back.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chris, I don't expect anything but lies out of your mouth. You all have lied to us this whole contract. I'm glad you couldn't hear me cursing you this morning on the cc. Sorry, I wish you could have. Thanks for the screwing on our new bonus plan. It doesn't matter because we will not be around to collect it. July is almost here. The only thing vivus will fight for is how the upper management will get another big bonus before the doors close for good!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask your manager when this contract officially ends. It's July 14. Nothing new has been signed.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If nothing has been signed it is highly likely that Vivus is in negotiations with another pharmaceutical company to replace the PDI contract.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct my friend. It's about to end.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And when I say it's over it doesn't include us sales reps.