How's The Old New England Region Doing?

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I moved to a different region a couple of years ago. At that time, it was fun to watch Espo shuffle targets and titles around, between the H and traditional field teams, to try and protect the numbers....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As far as I can tell the Boston Area is still a bunch of reps all dressed up with virtually NO Place to go. They just pretend to have access so that the charade can continue and they don't have to face the evil world outside of pharma. Sound right?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds right for all of New England. especially the EDCS team. Seriously, how many targets are they actually getting in front of each week? 4-5?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can be sure that some of the managers too, how basically have no skills or marketability outside pharma, are crapping their pants at the thought of a reorg next year. Managers make far more than reps so the cost cutting may begin there.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they haven't done so already, academic centers are being encouraged to tighten restrictions on us. I was shocked to hear about this, because I thought that things couldn't get worse!
    So I wonder what "tightened" means? Maybe having us arrested in the parking lot?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey look everyone its the guy who got canned from the joslin territory posting on cafepharm again. still bitter huh? and unemployed. and fat. maybe if you play your cards right novo will let you participate in their obesity trials with victoza so you can shed those 4 extra chins your neck is struggling to hold up

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To poster #7-----Nice childish response. I don't know who you are referring to, but this is yet another classic example of how one attacks the messenger when they have no way to defend the message. Grow up.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed - to poster #7 - The funniest part is that YOU seem to still be employed as an EDCS in New England. I bet you consider yourself an endo now because of that. Why don't you tell everybody what a typical "busy" day looks for you? Everyone knows that your exsistence is a sham...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Imagine making all that money for doing nothing but make it LOOK like you're busy and actually working? Must be nice...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is sarcasm at it's best. Look around your pod. Look at you do every day. What do you think your docs would say if they knew that after our nth price increase in 4 years, we simply added a few hundred reps and DBMs to help convince them that Victoza is superior to Bydureon in every way?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, its only Boston EDCS and DBMs with this problem. Everyone else, from Cleveland and Mayo Clinics to NYC, San Fran and DC hospitals see at least 7 big customers a day, 5 days a week.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, what I think you're hinting at is that the MAJORITY of the EDCS team really doesn't do all that much on a typical work day. I completely agree with this. Although, they'll tell you they're the reason behind ANY growth. Go ahead and ask them, trust me, they'll tell you.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's no secret that many big university hospitals are not rep-friendly. So the endo fellows come out of training thinking that we're Satan's spawn. Except for my friends in the South (and those that work at hospitals where we do studies), it seems that the fancier the hospital, the nastier they are towards us. er, umm or they WOULD be, if they took appointments.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right. It's definitely the DCS team working 10am-2pm Tues-Thurs that's contributing to the growth of the company.

And I'll give $100 to anyone who can explain what the heck a HDCS or IDCS does all day long...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So in other words that guy got canned because he couldn't even make it LOOK like he was busy.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we don't need as many reps, institutional reps, and endo reps, we will need far few we DBMs and RBDs. Less of those, and we can cut VP head count. See where this is going?

It's to everyone's interest to fake the busy-ness. I hear its the same for the cube pirates, who have learned that trick of squeezing multiple windows on a screen to feign busy-ness.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They should bring one of the original New England reps back in.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Busy-ness"?? You should try "spell-ing" sometime.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't sound like anybody from New England or Boston is mounting much of a defense on this one. What the hell is going on up there anyway?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Bubbles" had great relationships with the Joslin and Mass Gen endos. Probally not a bad idea.