New U.S. Biosimilars Sales Force

Discussion in 'Hospira' started by Anonymous, May 31, 2015 at 10:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that Hospira is now recruiting a new U.S. Biosimilars sales force ? I work for another pharma company selling a biological that will hit LOE in a few years, Is it a good idea to apply at is time ? I assume the team will stay in place after the Pfizer deal closes ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would apply. The Biosimlars is why Pfizer is buying Hospira. This new team will stay the rest of us have more of a question mark ?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be so sure.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got a call on it too. Whats the compensation like?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100k base, 15k bonus and no pressure from management.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And layed off in 6 mos. bad deal. Shitty pay, bonus a joke. Hospira is a joke.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i heard the opposite is true. it's not a bad place to work i may jump on board next month.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

base up to 145-if ur offered 100K get a new recruiter

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that base figure for 3 years
    Bawwww Hawwww

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good. Do it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management will change soon. Pfizer already has an oncology division. Why do they need you?
    Selling generics isn't that hard.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info. I really hadn't considered the Pfizer staff in place. As for biologic generics selling themselves - well Sandoz would tell you otherwise.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hospira success will be contingent on their payer and Medicare strategy. Also will need to ensure that the providers & integrated health systems are confident they will be reimbursed. This has been Sandoz biggest issue thus far. Their payer & provider reimbursement strategy has sucked. Everyone thought selling biosimilars would be easy...it isn't

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's the same with any drug. One other factor will be the mark-up the greedy oncologists charge
    It's time that gravy train is stopped.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with your comment on the Oncologists !! However, EPO will be mostly used in nephrology where there are only two big players - just sign up one of these players....job completed...why do you need sales reps again ?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's funny and I wouldn't bet my future employment on this assumption . The Biosimilars future of both Pfizer's and Hospira's products have already been decided by a few people named John, Diem and Jim!!! Does one really think that Pfizer is going to allow Hospira to make such important decisions on the Leadership Team of Biosimilars. These pink slips have already filled out.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biosimilars are fancy Gx ! It might take approx. 3-5 years for US physicians & payors to get it...then it is done...look to Eu for real world data - esp. tenders (eg.-60%). Do you think US payors will want to save some money?...and more than "30%" !!
    If you go for this job, have a 3-5 year exit plan.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A generic drug is a generic drug.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

except a biosimilar is not a generic. Obviously you haven't sold in Biotech before.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This force will be temporary. Pfizer will be in charge of biosimilars being this will be groundbreaking for everyone, they will want to have the peasants lay the groundwork & once there are promising signs of success, they will quickly come in & take over.