No Tysabri/PML stats for over 3 months... Why?

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by Anonymous, Jun 18, 2015 at 2:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you hiding?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hide something?! No, not Buyogen..they are too honest to hide the bad stuff on killsabri.

Back in March there were 541 confirmed cases of PML..can't imagine what the number is now!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know it's been said the people who quit Tysabri are likely to lose any benefit they might have got from it, and even find themselves with more problems than when before they started being injected with the poison. Now that so many are switching to monoclonal antibody pill options instead, I expect the downside (especially for long term users) quitting tysabri is going to, or maybe has already, raise its ugly head.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another example of a drug that was rushed into the market without the proper testing and Buyogen hiding the dark side of it so they could make their millions...all at the expense of the usually desperate MS patient!! I suspect that the number of PML cases has reached 575 by now with a ton of other related serious problems that we don't know about.

Congratulations, Buyogen....for not giving a shit about the collateral damage caused by this hideous drug. Just keep those bonus checks coming!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A report from this site shows the number of PML cases at Mar 3 to be 541. The report was update on Mar 6 with the number jumping to 566!! I guess the numbers speak for themselves.

http://chefarztfrau.de/?page_id=716

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Donald Johns is working on the data massaging as we speak

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

your own MSL tells customers that there are 14 PML cases of GILENYA switches from Tysabri...but its not Buyogen's fault...you people are criminal...it was at CMSC, but the it was 12 cases then..how things multiply quickly...my God...pointing the finger at each other...love to see you in the ring in Vegas...you both suck wind....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just confirmed exactly what I was getting at in post #3. If I could figure out what was going to happen when people switched to Gilenya, then so could Buyogen.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A quick Google search shows that at least as early as 2013, Gilenya patients who had switched from Tysabri had developed PML.

IMO the Gilenya is probably exacerbating the problems caused by Tysabri withdrawal, and along with the fact that Gilenya is also a monoclonal antibody drug, it's giving the patient's brains a speedy double-whammy of destruction.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How does this product remain on the market?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tysabri withdrawal may turn out to be even more problematic in regards to developing PML than continuing the Russian Roulette Tysabri Game. The stats so far for people switching to Gilenya are alarming.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what about this 2nd PML with Tecfidera?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know nothing about Tecfidera, but the question I have is 'Was the patient on Tysabri before switching to Tecfidera?'

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not to be a jail house lawyer, but Gilenya is not an "oral monoclonal anti body." It was, however, originally proposed as an antirejection medication indicated after transplantation.
    Both, to one degree or another, have reported cases of PML in MS patents:

"Novartis has confirmed that it has received a report of a second case of PML (progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, a viral infection of the brain that often leads to death or severe disability) that occurred in a person taking Gilenya® (fingolimod, Novartis AG). According to the company’s statement on February 2015, this individual, the first with a confirmed diagnosis of MS, received more than four years of Gilenya treatment before being diagnosed with PML, and is currently doing well. The company has reported the case to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other health authorities."

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest