So Hugh doesn't know how to mute a conference call?!?!

Discussion in 'Questcor' started by Anonymous, Jun 25, 2015 at 1:38 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The conference call today was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever heard in my professional life. We are now a multibillion dollar company yet we don't have the technology to do a conference call correctly? Yet the only time he hit the mute button when there was a question answer segment. Way to go corporate communications.... You are a fool if you stick around.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Incompetence reigns at Mallinckrodt. This place is so bad you can't even make this stuff up!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who is leaving? I am!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am going to stay in my silo and continue to spread lies, rumor and innuendo.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Met Hugh in person not that long ago... Man does this guy love himself. You would think Jesus Christ was in the room!

My perception of him through several interactions are he seems to be a very average guy. Not smart, charismatic, deep, sharp at all. Just an average Joe. I'm sure he is a nice guy but trying to figure out where the huge ego comes from??? Maybe I am missing something?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think anyone is leaving. which is kind of funny

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hugh, dude, you should be studying that conference call manual instead of posting on here!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's face it the culture has changed, we are no longer valued, but just one of the pack now. I'm taking the money and running. With a dude who can't run a conference call in charge, you know the ships going down.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so out of here...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't have enough situational awareness to mute your own phone when you dial in maybe you should leave.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn Hugh, you on here again? Situational awareness? Other than you, who talks like that? That is some funny sh!t Hugh!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Juist wait till you meet Mark T !

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Average Joe is right on!! The good news for us all is that if he can get to that level, anyone can.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So…let me get this right…if you do a conference call with hundreds of people…and don't know how to mute the line…even if the reps would get on and hurry up and mute the line…it would be a loud confusing mess. I have been in this industry for 22 years and I have NEVER had a national conference call that wasn't muted from the beginning. Now I did have to laugh at the horn honker…it frazzled Hugh…No one can take the package Hugh because WHY would we? Most people are starting to interview over the summer, but who can leave without another job. How the paperwork is written, if you get another job and they find out…you loose your options. So Hugh, you are just going to have to wait till our options vest, till we interview and get a new job. You will finally have new sales reps in there by April…YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL. Try offering a package that is actually WORTH something. Kind of like your crazy you'll get equity if the entire company makes its sales goals…we see right through you! That isn't how most companies motivate their sales reps. You don't value talented reps. Good luck selling ACTHAR without us. The only reason we have the business is due to the sales rep "rapport". Guck Luck Hugh. Keep extending the deadline….there will be very few takers.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you take the package you are still employed by MNK through the vesting date whether or not you found another job. There's no law against being employed by two companies. If you thought ahead you would have already been interviewing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how many weeks is severance for?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are field sales RD through rep you are simply a commodity. You are a widget in a wheel that can easily be replaced in today's pharma world. What do you all not understand??? It will be the same at any company. It's simply supply and demand here. There are too many of you who can do the same exact job, not to mention for a lot less money. What is your expertise in a pharma sales role? They tell you what to say, who to say it to and how many times to say it to that person. What else is there for you to do to differentiate yourself? Rapport/Relationship? Again, another commodity type of skill set. Your problem is not with MNK it's with the entire industry in how they value the RD through sales rep position. Reply back with all of the name calling you like however what I have types above are FACTS. Happy Day!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is an example of the complete lack of understanding of high touch specialty sales that is killing ARD and leading to Malli's downfall. We all know this is how you view us, so good luck saving your a$$es and you have a nice day!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's no need for insults, but you clearly don't get get it. The point is, qcor WAS different. They put immense value in the sales and rd positions. In turn, these people successfully moved a difficult product to historic profitability. It wasn't perfect. But it gave people a chance to build a niche product from basically nothing. Plus, they were paid extremely well.

This product is a meat grinder. The people who are moving vials consistently are true sales people. You think QCOR gave out scripted sales calls and worked off of reach and frequency? Wrong. The model was hire the best person and turn them loose. These people have no place to hide, no partners and 100% accountability. Every vial is accounted for. When you fail here, you fail big.

There is a lot more to say, but this is CP, not a dissertation.