Greed that has no end!

Discussion in 'Pharma/Biotech Companies - Compliance' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2015 at 10:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The greed of these companies truly knows no limits. Pfizer has already been making Billions on this product that is now generic and they want to try and protect it from being used for a new indication?

Another great example of this type of greed is Proscar developed by Merck to treat enlarged prostate glands. After it went generic they rebranded it under the name Propecia. The only difference is that Proscar was 5mg and Propecia is 1mg! That’s right folks, you get to pay a branded co-pay for 4mg less of the same medicine already available in generic form. And they wonder why everyone thinks they are crooks.

http://blogs.wsj.com/pharmalot/2015/06/26/pfizers-fight-against-off-patent-uses-of-pregabalin-comes-to-trial-monday/?mod=WSJBlog

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every industry has it's crooks, yes. Just for consideration, when was the last time a generic house advanced medicine in any way? Seriously? Generic house are not hero's either. Time to re-coop developmental costs is short. Profitability is far greater for wholesalers on the mark up of generics. Very little savings is passed on to the consumer. Talk about easy picking, wait for a patent to expire, and make a close second. Invent nothing. Products can be inferior. Mark up is greater. Consumer is always taken for a ride. Crooks in every industry.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish the lay people would understand this. In the age Obama, it's all about cost not innovation and sheeppeople are falling right in line

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. A lot of ignorance out there.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's all about cost in the age of Obama because our ridiculous industry needed to be reigned in. By calculated choice our industry brings expensive me-too after me-too to market every year. When one company comes out with a modestly innovative product five others will follow with copycats in the same class. None of these do much more than diet and excersize would do if we all weren't so fucking lazy. When was the last truly innovative product brought to market? Long before Obama - probably Salk and the polio vaccine.
    We all have sweet salaries, company cars and nice bennies from this bloat so I'm not really complaining. But a guy comes into office and tries to get big pharma and the MCOs to stop ass raping the American taxpayer and now suddenly that's a bad thing? We are all hypocrites, myself included. Gotta go, I've got to call in my order for lunch tomorrow. 35 office staff want their Panera.