Leading Oncology Sector in Talent Loss

Discussion in 'Teva Oncology' started by Anonymous, Jul 2, 2015 at 12:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Over the last 18 months , meaningful turnover( resignations from experienced industry valued Oncology professionals) at Teva Oncology leads the Oncology Sector.

Cephalon did an excellent job recruiting, developing, Oncology representatives. It is estimated that less than 7 representatives are left since the Treanda launch with 50 representatives leaving within the past 36 months. These experienced reps were highly regarded as they were asked to contribute to start ups and or the leading companies in the sector.

KK- Pharmacyclics
    RM( mgr)- Incyte
    JG-Incyte
    CH-Gilead
    JB-Pharmacyclics
    AK-Exelixis

AA- Seattle Genetics
    LC-Seattle Genetics
    CC-Genentech
    JC-( Mgr) Clovis
    BB-(Mgr) left industry
    JD- Sandoz
    SM-Onyx
    KP-Pharmacyclics
    DA- Seattle Genetics
    Doug (OK) Bayer
    Kirk. ( Mich) Pharmacyclics
    MK BMS
    DA BMS
    CH( Mgr) Taiho
    Toby ( Mgr) Sandoz

This is a very short list of incredibly talented Oncology professionals who left the organization.. There are many, many more, we can't remember all of them.

Contributing Factors:
    #1. Appointment of ME as ABD for West
    #2. Draconian policy of holding back money from bonuses earned.
    #3. BC as VP..." What is so great about an Oncology Rep"
    #4. Lowest combined pay for reps in the Oncology business
    #5. Infiltration of primary care into Oncology-
    #6. Lack of investment into Oncology seasoned marketing and field management etc
    #7. Lack of pipeline

Teva's operational mantra simply does not fit Oncology. Half of the country is run by someone who thinks the Women's health business is the same as Oncology and operates without regard to the rules ( there is no HR policy for him). The guy is dirty.

This is a place where the best people and professionals choose to leave and where mediocrity rules!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BB

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is really cool is there has been a swing towards paying lots of money to seasoned onc reps ...the guys who left for pharmacyclics are a 1/2 million dollars richer after a year...Sandoz gave everyone a 10 grand salary raise and signing bonus...the guy who went to Exel was already a millionaire form his Medi days and got a killer deal there, the mgr in Texas has been interviewing everywhere but nobody will hire him...the reps who went to Gilead ( CH) and that woman from Florida....are just doing so well.... No worries Anita we will get you out... And with a good option package but we don't want Peter...
    I am a whore to the BPI... I should have left but I have bills... All of you deserve so much better.. If only you had the knowledge...
    I'm sorry,
    Bye

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BB

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and the funny part is Teva Oncology brings in just as much as before. Actually more now because we lost all those bloated salaries!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bloated Salaries?

Only a jealous manager would comment like that....

Let's add another reason why so many good reps have left ----managers like you who do not have the best interests of their representatives in mind. Any rep here would love to have a so called " bloated salary " and support to get there ... Who and exactly what are you supporting ?
    You suck..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anthony. Stop whining and just go away....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Paul, you are such a dummy. These internal hires lower your BU budget with low ball salaries, but it also makes pulling the plug on this unit much easier. You won't convert the Treanda market to Rapid for many reasons. Most of all, Treanda will be off the cliff before you can convert. Secondly, your Rapid manufacturing issues are huge. Lastly, payers won't pay your usurious price for a quick infusion version with no clinical benefits (hello, McFly, oncologists want longer chair time and short chair time is not a clinical benefit!). Your long time KC cronies will close this BU and the lemmings still with oncology will follow. Of course, you will be fine, rewarded, and off to your next BS assignment, but most of the rest will be unemployed. Glad I am already out. BTW, keep that genius strategy going for incentiving calls entered!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for checking in Matt

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BB

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please get over yourselves. Oncology is a good specialty but the reps are no better than any others. You people are just trained on Oncology. You all started somewhere and learned that specialty. Your egos have everyone else rolling their eyes and laughing at you.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like it's spoken by someone who tried to get in and couldn't. Go back to your sample drops and stay off our threads.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't drop samples. I wouldn't try "getting in" to Oncology. Haven't you heard? Teva isn't investing in your division. Why would anyone want to be where you are?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because it's the highest paid division in Pharma and you can always take your experience elsewhere if the bottom drops out. So if you're not obsessing over oncology, why are you on our thread? I don't get on the other Teva threads. And yes we actually are something special because we all worked our tails off and over-achieved to bust into Onc. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey Einstein...the bar is so low here , it's embarrassing.....Let's be honest ,most of us are afraid to talk to MD's... I was embarrassed the other day because I couldn't answer her questions. I come from a family of drug reps... Believe me ..this is a joke but I'm glad I'm in nevertheless ..

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You just proved their point. You aren't any better than any other reps. You couldn't answer their questions because you claim the bar is set so low. I guess it is if you need your hand held and can't do for yourself.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you haven't realized it TEVA Onc is withering on the vine.. No investment in the future... If you are a halfway decent Onc rep you need to find something soon. By March of next year it will become clearer, too bad if you aren't prepared.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Um...yes, we've realized it. We're all getting our retention bonus and then looking. Some of us have a lot of cash sitting in that account.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BB