PIP

Discussion in 'Janssen' started by Anonymous, Jun 25, 2015 at 8:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Janssen pharma has an RBD that is all about closing like he is a tough guy and telling us all there one liners he would use if he was in front of the doctor and all this stuff he says would get him thrown out of most of my offices or would have a doctor just walk away and never speak to him again. He relieves his glory days of selling from 30 years ago when he didn't even sell that long or produce that much. Just another legend in his own mind.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You could be describing any one of the male RBDs at JBI.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You've got to be talking about Mike Knox

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This piqued my interest, and I went back to my last 14 years of PDMs. the average came out to 5.7, with the last ranking of 5. Never a below standard ranking. Then a PIP is started first qtr of the last year I worked for JNJ, based on not meeting minimum competencies. Really? I suddenly become incompetent with that kind of track record? It's obvious what is happening with this once great company. Sad it has happened, glad to be free of them.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like a saying my DM came up with: Out with the old, in with the new. He's great with words and he's great with building a team of superstars, just like my regional. If you can't hack it here then move onto selling shoes or something like that. This is a high-level sell, but you need to challenge the doctors by telling them that you are the immunology expert and are there to teach them. My director says that doctors love to be taught and admire reps that can do it and so you need to put that iPad in front of them (do you know what an iPad is, old rep) and show them the data. Three things sell docs: data, data, data. (My director came up with that one too!) You show them the data that Remicade works while Humira doesn't. What Crohn's patient wants to jab themselves with a needle that feels like a wasp sting, a wasp from the Amazon, my manager says to the docs, where the wasps get humongous) and then don't get any efficacy out of it. The data doesn't lie, doc. It shows that we are clearly better in IBD. Hey, in UC Humira doesn't even work. LIke my DM says, the FDA dudes must have been snoozing the day that got approved!
    Go sell somewhere else. I'll take fries with my size 12 medium width, man!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To post #24: You should have seen "someone" and I do not mean a doc. You have to hit them where it hurts $$$.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

poster #25, you are hilarious. It's a good thing you think a lot of yourself because I'm pretty sure everyone else thinks you're an idiot. Rock on genius!! what a douche

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can I take a wild guess and say: GI East?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"stings like a wasp from the Amazon, where the wasps get humungous!"

Your manager sounds like a real winner.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, he is. He's got a P Club under his belt. If it wasn't for the way they manipulate the numbers to get some diversity people in, my DM would be P Club every year!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If he's the guy I'm thinking of, they did everything they could to manipulate his numbers and he still couldn't seal the deal.
    Sell or be sold, baby.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This places makes me throw up in my mouth.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love it. It's an easy place to hide out and fake it and get paid a lot of money. Here's the secret. Are you ready?
    You have to fly under the radar.
    You don't want to be too well-known, or not known at all. Just do the minimum. Just enough to be seen, but not in the spotlight. You don't have to ever even win or appear on the stage. Just make sure you're able to play people a bit. Like, feed info to your boss on the sly. Then ask for some "special projects" that play to your strengths. They like that stuff. You work on the project during work time but you tell them that you're doing it at night and on the weekends. Keep a low profile though. Be quiet. Play it safe. Like you would do in a bad marriage. You keep quiet and let your spouse stand in the spotlight, while you lust for those beyond it. But you keep quiet. Docile. Fly under the radar. If you're smart, your spouse makes pretty decent money so your'e not the one the family entirely depends on. That way you don't have to excel. You can just…be. Just show up. Keep quiet, and nod enthusiastically at whatever your bosses say. Just show up, and be mediocre.
    That's the way you last here. Then you can hide out and never really shine but you will last. And isn't that what it's all about? Playing it safe. Being the company man/woman. sacrificing your pride and your dignity for some security. Live your life out this way. Always under the radar. Always safe. Always dull. Always…desperate.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's called survival. No one likes it but you do what you have to do to survive. It's only until you're 55 anyway.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That works for some people for some of the while but not all people for all of the while 55 or not.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's worked for a few of us. You have to be a master of it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say, throw security to the wind and stand out from the crowd. Strive for excellence, do your job well, be honest in all your professional and personal affairs, and practice the highest standards of integrity. Work so that you can look back on your career and your work and be proud of what you accomplished. It's better to risk a bit by being creative and innovative and be regarded as a star, then to just "play it safe" so your unimpressive career lasts a couple of years longer. Management knows who the producers are, and who the posers are. And so do your peers. It's better to be regarded as a winner then pegged as mediocre. Screw flying under the radar. Turn up your jets and soar right over it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. I'll just play it safe and collect the paycheck.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

smarter

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems to be the general consensus. Keep a low profile. I have a friend who has been preaching the fly under the radar for years and he's been right. About as secure as any winner in this company, maybe more so. He'll make it to 62 while the fifty-something "winners" fall like flies.
    We should have a WebEx on this: "Flying under the Radar--Survival 101."