Oncology force rankings for calibration

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was ugly. With further delay of Palbo we are now talking not launching till mid 2015. May be necessary to let some people go until early 2015 and hire for Palbo launch then--if it ever happens.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop your fussing. You have been spared while all other teams have been cut. It is what it is and calibration force rankings go on every year

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard a couple managers talking about the "next" layoffs like it was a fact. Thought it was a baseless rumor and stayed out of the conversation. This makes me wonder now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Timeframe?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been hearing the same thing. As for timeframe, I have not heard a lot. My source seems to think late Q3

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This doesn't make much sense if you let people go 3rd Q then you would be rehiring for palbo about 6-9 mos later. Not that this division hasn't made plenty of shortsighted decisions in the past, but to let experienced reps w established relationships go that close to a launch is asinine. If palbo doesn't mark it then the whole division is circling the drain

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you really think they care about relationships at this point. Look what we did with Urology. Of course we kept up our relationships with Cardiologist post Lipitor (which is helping now with Eliquis)-sarcasm in case you don't realize it. The days of relationships driving decisions are over my friend. Its all plug n play now. Any rep will do. And if its cheaper even better.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talked to my DM about this and all he said was that we were going to get an "update" on the oncology structure and pipeline at our national POA in Dallas May 12-16. He said no new info would come before then. He also said that positions were being posted or not on an individual basis. He knew of a KAM position in Illinois that had just been posted, but he also new of a rep who had left where the DM was thinking about making the territory a portfolio until word on palbo is received.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a lot going on at an individual level. So much that it's not really happening at an individual level. The division is in chaos and not being straight about it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go back to ur sample dropping threads PC boy

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did things go so terribly wrong?

What happened? Nobody was itching for all these changes if nothing was happening but it was driven from the top down, now people will be hurt by it.

Hoping its nothing but rumor.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh I know-you're soooo much better than the PC rep. How do you get into your car with your head being that big??

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forced ranking is an archaic process and this company is going the way of the dinosaur because of thinking that is extinct in most places. Who are the consultants that really run this company?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not forced ranking-it's calibration! lol They think people are stupid.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's animal farm. Calibration is only one of many name changes.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sitting through these meetings after coming from another company was quite the eye opener. When they send you an excel spreadsheet with percentages of where everyone must fall and then not call it forced ranking is comical. You had to send in your reps on the spread sheet and you better be within those percents (if not have a good reason why). If everyone had a good year- you had a shot. What was ridiculous was putting someone at 97 or 98% goal attainment at a partially met….because every district had to have one (or almost every district). What a freakin joke!! Hate this company!!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Years ago, Pfizer prided itself on hiring the best of the best of the best. Or retaining the best of the best legacy reps when taking over a company. After eliminating many positions, Pfizer now sets a new bar that requires many people to be rated as partially met. As if the sales goals were accurate enough to warrant these ratings.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think at this point we can all agree that Pfizer today isn't a shell of what it was "years ago". That horse has left the barn a long time ago!! The only thing this company cares about now is shareholder value and the ELT team.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get the feeling that most all of the sales force is starting to become real skeptical that things will ever be prosperous in this division. The sales increases that mgmt expects on our niche drugs this year is ridiculous n everyone knows it. That coupled with the new semester bonus plan points to much lighter bonus checks this year. Palbo being delayed again only leads to more questions about the competence of R and D. I would be shocked if retention isn't a serious issue by years end.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is every December guys. Where have you been for the past 7 years?