Driving background check

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2014 at 7:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just got a verbal offer and they will do a background check. My question is how stringent is Pfizer if you have 1 speeding ticket and 1 cell phone violation ticket on your record? Is that something you think they would overlook?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are on the bubble! must have no more than 5 points , and those two violations add up to 4 at the least

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how do you know this?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure-were they recent? Since they are providing you with a company vehicle, all the liability that goes with that is on Pfizer's shoulders. If you show you are too much of a risk they may pass. It's probably 50/50 at this point. I would hope you disclosed it on the application or to your hiring DM. If you didn't-not good. A good DM usually would ask if you have a license and any violations at some point during the interview process (usually in the beginning). Why waste his/her time interviewing a candidate if they have no shot of making it though the process. For example-if a candidate says they have a DWI-you know it's a no go. You are not going to spend an hour and a half interviewing the person....waste of time.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There were within last year and the background check application just asked for my DL. It's not a DUI, just speeding and cell violation

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm surprised the hiring DM didn't ask. Company can be pretty picky now. Not like the old days. Good luck

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One ticket and cell violation in a year shouldn't be a deal breaker. However.....I would have mentioned it at the time of interview or offer to be transparent.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you get any more, take traffic school if in a stat that allows it. Also, get a Bluetooth or else you may not be smart enough for the job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry about it. You're fine.