Current Pay Plans

Discussion in 'Henry Schein Dental' started by Anonymous, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have the current pay packages, territory size, etc. for Schein for a new territory? I see the starting base pays on these posts but have not seen the commission packages and expected sales in an average territory after 2 years. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do 'applicants' continue to come on this blog to beg for info that can be easily ascertained in a preliminary sales job interview?

You want to BE a sales person ?

Why not fucking ACT like one, jerk.

Get off the board until you learn hoe to probe and ask questions of the Right Party.

Grow Up.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"hoe" is generally a hygienist wanting to be a salesperson

'how' is what I meant.You're pissing us off.

Don't start with us.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks! Your post was really helpful.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and i thought dental reps were higher class than pharma...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in the early stages of the interview process with Henry Schein and was briefly explained three different pay plans for the sales team. Plan 2 and 3 is a draw against commission and the draw increases for each plan. I have not had the opportunity to find out how their draw really works. Is it recoverable or non-recoverable. Can someone share more details please?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to grow up and clean up your language. You are not acting like a professional.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I make $150k base + fat bonus. Eat it sucka

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LIAR !

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wtf. Why the hostility to the question? A manager will tell you whatever he wants u to hear. So the question is what is the base pay and what can a reasonable bonus be w Henry Schein? I am curious as well???

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will tell you whatever you want to hear. Here are the facts- they will completely take advantage of you when you start. You will be on Plan 1 which sounds great for building your territory- WRONG! You spend so much on gas, lunches, etc (no, it's not reimbursed). There is no such thing as a rep that can make $100k their first, second or third year. The company is structured to discourage that so they don't get screwed when the top reps jump ship for another company and take their accounts with them. You don't get what you put into it... that's BS. You're given accounts that noone else has had success with and supposed to battle catalog companies, gray market and competitors. Good luck building a territory on no margin.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"You need to grow up and clean up your language. You are not acting like a professional."

Up Yours.

F - ck you and your Mother, IF you know who she is.

How's THAT for professional ?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would not do lunches if Henry Schein did not pay for them. That is ridiculous! It is ridiculous that they don't pay milage or a car allowance - which appears to be true. I would think they could write that off as a tax deduction. What DO they pay for? You might as well be running your own business if you are paying all the expenses!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the laugh, nobody thinks that

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"and i thought dental reps were higher class than pharma..."

Yes, dental reps are all class alright - LOW.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Patterson so I can tell you how it works there. I'm assuming it's similar. So when you first start, you get your base plus expenses, mileage and car allowance. You also get 5% commission on the net GM which is virtually nothing.

After 2 years, you will be kicked off the above plan with no expenses, mileage, car allowance etc. You will also have a draw so make sure your supply business is generating enough commission to cover your draw. For instance, if you have a $5,000 draw then calculate your commission and it comes out to $5,000 you get a big fat $0 paycheck. If you don't make your draw you're in the hole and have to make it up. It's not fun.

If I were you, take the position to get experience than move to medical. I'm doing the same thing at this point. If you think you can get a medical job right now, go for it. You'll have a company car, expenses a better base and you will have that no matter what plan you're on. In fact, it's actually illegal in most states to not get reimbursed mileage if you're an outside sales. Shows you the integrity of these companies.

I'm sure I'll get bashed by all the dental reps on here, but I'll preface it by saying I was never gifted any accounts, never gifted any big equipment /technology / cad cam leads and built my territory to 1.5 mil in 3 years. So I've been succesful but decided I'm sick of the favoritism and politics that is currently present in this industry. Best of luck to you and hopefully this helped at least a little.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Best of luck to you and hopefully this helped at least a little."

Not at all.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck idiot.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Politics and favoritism is only present in dental sales? It's obvious the OP has little experience in the corp world. As you make money and your responsibilities increase politics and favoritism is what you have to master. Every company has them - every company. In dental you have mostly low level idiots trying to play the political game and someone with a half a brain a big set of balls can easily out maneuver these wanna-bes. I'd rather compete against inexperienced, fearful weak opponents than formidable opponents. If you think medical or any other business is void of politics, man are you ignorant.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said.

"In dental you have mostly low level idiots trying to play the political game and someone with a half a brain a big set of balls can easily out maneuver these wanna-bes. I'd rather compete against inexperienced, fearful weak opponents than formidable opponents. If you think medical or any other business is void of politics, man are you ignorant."

Emphasis on idiots, like posters telling their Life Story on an anonomous website.

Idiots - dental.

Wash, repeat.