IS THERE ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT WORKING FOR APPLIED MEDICAL?

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, May 12, 2010 at 3:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ALL THE MESSAGE BOARDS ARE BASHING AM. THERE HAS TO BE SOMEHTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS COMPANY. PLEASE SERIOUS REPLYS ONLY.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the day you give your two week notice

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Their HQ is located in California, where there are plenty of In-n-Out Burgers!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just look at another company. I have worked here about 1 yr. and I am looking. No Money

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you actually do some work, there's good money to be made. If you expect to just stand around in a few surgeries a week and maintain your business, you'd be better off at JJ.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is a 10000% complete lie. Everyone knows that the top reps at Applied struggle to make a 100k. I left Applied in 2009, this company offers nothing of quality. Do they still offer that great training program?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you expect to have to do to pull in 100K?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was with Applied for about 1 1/2 years. The recruiter, DM, and RM misrepresented the position. I was told I would make $120 to $150,000 my first year. I was also told my territory had a lot of room for growth. What they did not tell me was the REASON for growth. My territory had NO business due to failed evaluations. I left a very reputable employer for Applied, then walked into a very bad situation.

Due to very bad product performance and a poor company image, my territory could not grow. Without warning, my DM "demoted" me to a TMA position. That meant less pay, and limited (if any) commissions. I also had to travel to "assist" other TM's for their evaluations. My expenses were not fully reimbursed (as promised in the interview process.) Yet I was expected to put everything on my personal credit card.

During the interview process to get away from this company, every hiring manager stated what a horrible, unethical, sleezy company Applied was. Fortunately, I didnt have to mention this and look like a disgruntled employee. I just accepted the situation because I knew Applied's tactics. If I said anything, I would be terminated. As we all know, its easier to find employment when you are employed vs unemployed.

It seems certain people are protected at Applied. The best day of my life was when I left such a dishonest organization.

I wonder if we could get a group of people together to form a class action lawsuit regarding the following facts:
    1. Misrepresentation of position in the interview.
    2. Misrepresentation of average salary.
    3. Hiring people for TM positions and demoting without warning.
    4. Not paying commissions when earned.
    5. Not fully reimbursing company expenses when on "temporary" reassignment for evaluations.
    6. Promoting employees from TMA positions to TM positions WITHOUT increasing base salary to TM pay.

Please talk to people within the organization (as well as those who have left) and see if enough could come forward to help change the structure of this evil organization.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sign me up for a class action. 1-6 is dead on as I speak from experience. Not only myself but 5-6 of us from the same training class were told the same thing. That tells me that it comes from the top. I am from the SE, it was told to Reps in the Midwest, Cali, Texas, and New England area's. That is 5 different managers lying but yet telling the same story. I don't blame the recruiter as they are repeating what they are told. In fact, I would bet that the recruiters would testify agaisnt Applied or be named liable. I do not know of any Class Action Attorney's in my area but if you have one in your area sign me up

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, another rep crying about his territory being too hard to make money in. You have to actually do some work. What kind of work do you expect to have to do to make $150K?

As for your facts:
    1. Waaa
    2. Waa Waa
    3. Cry Waaa Waa whine
    4. I'm not making my $$. Waaa
    5. Company is not reimbursing all my alcohol and strippers. Waaa
    6. Promotion without more $$. Waaa

Waa Waa Waa. Shesh. You want some more cheese with you whine?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, who from Corperate wrote the above?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahaha. This thread cracks me up.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you happen to have a territory in New Jersey? If so, we used to work together.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes! The good thing about Applied is that they will give a good B2B Rep a chance to get into Medical Device Sales (no med device rep in their right mind would go to work for them).

Then, after a year or so, the former B2B Rep can get a job with a decent company.

Oh, and Applied is good for keeping patent attorneys in business.

Thats about it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your manager

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sign me up for the class action lawsuit too!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there anything good about working for Applied? Yes, they have some great products. Too bad the management and company culture ruin everything. Could b a great company if not run by cheap dickheads.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't do it. Management suks ass.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lying is SOP here at AM. Turnover is high. AM will never be considered a Class A operation. They don't know how to be one. Very unethical on top of everything else. They could care less what you think or how they treat you. That's why they will always be a minor player.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I only worked there five months. They have such a bad reputation that all recruiters understand why employees start looking for a new job after training. They've heard it all. Good luck Sayeid Hilal. Maybe if you focused even a small amount of energy focusing on your sales force and paying them better, you could actually attract some decent talent. I went back to Pharma just to get out of that place. No roommates, real expense accounts, even give computers for their sales reps, soo much happier. I would rather clean shit from public toilets that work at Applied.