Thrown under the bus

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Apr 27, 2014 at 9:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got thrown under the bus after a botched conversion. Will Applied fight unemployment benefits?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they terminated you they legally need to pay your unemployment. Although it wouldn't surprise anyone if they tried to fight it. This company reaks of rotten managers who are all about themselves and trying to take credit for things that they have no business in. I heard there's a manager in the NE who nobody can stand that has had his entire team turn over not once but twice in less than 3 yrs......except his brother. His brother is the only one he won't fire. If that doesnt smell fishy, I don't know what does

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most likely they won't. Did they pay you all that was coming to you at time of termination? If not, your state may have a penalty component that for every day they don't pay you they owe you a days pay... In ca it's a 30 day limit...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should we assume it was the account's fault and not yours? How about some details before everyone starts assuming the company is a piece of shit and will fire you on site.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love all these "...I heard..." stories. God you guys are morons.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fact: there is a mgr in NY who noone can stand because he manages by fear and will micro manage everyone to the point where they all quit

Fact: the majority of his team has quit on him in the past few years. I have heard this from managers and past reps alike.

Fact: he has a brother on his team. One can speculate why he is the only one who has remained on the team with him all these years. Family favors? Being handed accounts that do alot of business with Applied? Immunity from micromanagement, etc? Again, I will leave all of this back and forth banter to be decided in the court of public opinion.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Names?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a PAWN WEIGH-IN to me. I always wondered how these 2 survive, but it's pretty evident the elder needs junior just as much as junior needs his older brother. If this was a publicly traded company, these type of shenanigans would never fly. #unethical #shadybusinesspractices

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surprising to hear about that sort of behavior from him...worked with him in the past, and this seems out of character. Hard to think that two full teams would have sour grapes, though.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the managers I have ever met here are a bunch of arrogant Aviles, but this guy takes the cake. His management style is to rule by fear and one can certainly surmise since he can't retain anyone longer than a couple years that the problem is him. Conf calls 2-3 times per week, ride alongs at least twice per qtr for 3 days at a clip, daily phone calls demanding to know what you have done, where you have gone and what dr's you've spoken to, etc are not uncommon from this belittling individual. I could list out more of his tactics, but the only reason he even became a manager was because he has 2 good years back in the hey day of trocar sales and he landed Mt. Sinai. DG didnt even want him to become a mgr and it wasnt until another mgr told DG that SM was their only option did he finally get the position. He is horrendous to work for, nobody likes him (customers alike), and the above statement about his brother is true too. I would caution anyone reading this that is considering taking a position under his reign to run fast and don't look back.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are not going to fight it.
    Congrats. Now you can find a normal job, and not have to deal with this mess.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just for the record, not everybody shares this opinion of him, and I heard from somebody in his district that he has become more positive and supportive over the last year or so and that he's becoming a better manager. And after all the bottom line is managers are responsible to bring in numbers and his district has consistently been at the top of the pack.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And he still treats his team like garbage. What's does that tell you?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's actually my manager right now and I really don't have a problem with him. I hit my number and get my sh*t done. He does what's supposed to be done by a manager, which is exactly what my last one at JJ did...like it or not. I don't know how he is with others who aren't hitting their numbers though.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Normally I would not post on a website such as Cafepharma, but felt the need to get the opinion of someone who doesn't work for Applied. Full Disclosure: I am a recruiter of 13 years and must have 6 or 7 resumes from Applied Medical sitting on my desk right now. Everyone I have spoken to within the industry has nothing but negative things to say about this company. After reading some of these posts over the past 3-4 years, there seems to be a common theme. The biggest complaints I've heard are terrible commission plan, poor management, unethical terminations, unrealistic expectations from the top down, and no room for career growth (which seems to be attributed to the favoritism that lies within). As a business professional in the recruiting side of this industry, my job is to find potential candidates new careers that promote growth and ultimately provide a nice paycheck. I wish those looking to get out the best luck and keep networking. I'm sure your resume will come across my desk soon enough and I'll find you all a better opportunity!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Besides the desire to see your words in print and the ability to point out the obvious facts already existing in this thread, what is your point?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LIE. There is noone on this team from JNJ. Nice try Sean

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me see if I understand this right. There's a manager that can't maintain a team for longer than 2 yrs and the only common denominator is his BROTHER? now that's funny. I wish my brothers company could do that without it being frowned upon

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me see if I understand this right. What I read on an anonymous message board by people who are too chicken to leave their names when they throw rumors around, are taken as factual by other people? now that's funny.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep! What are you doing on here anyways? Shouldnt you be micromanaging your team to the point where they all want to quit? Noone can stand you. No other medical device company would ever hire you. Your own wife probably can't even stand you. Now go see who hasnt done their CRM activities for the week. Calendars for Monday are due tomorrow!!!!