Advanced Health Media (AHM)

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Jun 12, 2007 at 6:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy sh!t...I've got a phone interview with AHM tomorrow and I was doing some research about the company when I came upon these posts. It really makes me wonder...I know everyone hates going to work, human beings weren't meant to sit at a desk and stare at a computer all day, but it is really as bad as very one says? Just by the numbers alone there has to be something going on over there that isn't good.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ANYTHING TO DO WITH CARDINAL HEALTH IS EITHER MIS-MANAGED OR JUST PLAIN SUCKS! STAY AWAY!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is always trying to show how nice to the employees in the front and then doing thing in the back. I have been working there for 2 years. The management structure is really a big mess. Supervisor does not know anything technically. Whoever flatters her, for example buying her breakfast and lunch, she treats who well. Performance is actually based on these things, not based on the quality of work you did. In other words, no one values your hard work. Working for AHM really suffers....Just no word to describe!
    They never promote anyone except white people. No matter how smart you are, you are not going to have any chance if you are not a white.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can you please take the AHM crap to the AHM board? They have nothing to do with Cardinal Health and never did. It is listed inder Pharma service

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is the worst company i have ever worked for. I have been at AHM about a year now and the excitement of a new job wore of the 1st month. Now i go home crying every night. All management does is look at numbers and doesn't see people are drowning in work. (That’s not what the numbers say). The supervisors are clueless.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I was miffed that I never got the "promised call back whether you are hired or not" (for a position I interviewed for), it sounds like NOT getting selected may have been the real blessing in disguise. All this talk about no compliance program, people of color not being valued or promoted, and unhappy employees sounds like something from ages ago.

I thought they hired a top attorney for the Chief Compliance Officer role. What is she doing if there is no compliance program?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sadly, everything that's been said in previous posts...all true. Not a happy or well-run company. Very few, if any, happy employees.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AHM has long lost it's edge. As a former employee of many years I can definitely confirm the demise of this company. The culture of the VA IT office was so much better back before Venture Capital. The management team back then valued the employees, respected professional opinions, and offered great benefits. IT management focused on building quailty custom software and turning around support tickets quick without the red tape. IT back then was able to focus on building software and satisfying the customers. It was a culture that made me proud to be a part of such a great company.

The introduction of Venture Capital caused IT to refocus on the bottom line. There was so much red tape added to the support and development processes that even the simplest tasks took days to turn around, and only when the client agreed to pay the unbelievably inflated costs. The last year of my employment so many senior staff members across the company were either fired or quit. The company lost most of the experience and expertise that made the company great when they were allowed to focus properly. The new management team didn't seem to care that they lost what most considered to be the backbone of the company. The IT staff were overworked and had little or no control over what they worked on. Developers had little or no flexibility to improve the software that so desperately need it because the business forced them to work on billable tasks only. The company was overwhelmed with too much red tape and all that upper management seemed to care about was meeting the profit goals set forth by Venture Capital and the board. The last straw for me was when they took away the company 401K match and once again put off giving the overworked staff raises because the company was on track to make less profit than their goal. It was very clear that they care'd nothing about their employees and just cared about making Venture Capital money. The employees that are left are mostly the ones that are either oblivious to their plans or just haven't found positions elsewhere. Clients would be smart to find a better company to do business with. Folks looking for work should look elsewhere. It's a shame because AHM had a good thing going and screwed it up when they brought Venture Capital on board.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting information. So who are some really good competitors of AHM that, since you obviously know this industry, you'd suggest doing business with? Appreciate any recommendations/insight you'd be willing to give.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've worked there for 4 years. Let me tell you this: I'VE NEVER WORKED FOR A COMPANY WITH SUCH DYSFUNCTION! Management walks around like zombie, nobody knows their job and everyone is too stupid to speak up and say that the new system is not working...

DO NOT WORK FOR CARDINAL. I'M LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB RIGHT NOW!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly, It's ridiculous! Numbers are only based on incoming phone calls; however, your work involves phone calls, reporting, emailing, outbound calling, etc. How's that for numbers?! The numbers aren't real. Cardinal is lying to the investors, customers, etc. They know real numbers would never be met if they looked at all those things and they'd lose investors, customers, and billions!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Cardinal. I love the company. Every previous employer was far worse. You are clearly underperforming, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging whiners. Try to find greener grass - we do not need you. Now go cry on your way to welfare.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for that company and it is a legal sweat shop, you have supervisors running around and know absolutely nothing about what they are doing themselves. they did me a great favor of laying me off even in this bad economy I'd rather sit at home and look for something else, they outsourced the jobs for lower taxes and they don't know the job because they were not properly trained and the ones that went to train those ppl got the AX just like everybody else. THIS IS A PRISON CAMP.......GOOD RIDDENS!!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You love Cardinal?..."every previous employer was far worse"...You're kidding, right???

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Advanced Health Media finally signed off their demise. They are outsourcing the majority of their IT to India. These are the same folks who they hired to try and reduce costs as cheap labor but, only ended up souring their relationships with their clients through shoddy work and poor customer service. I estimate that AHM will be a name of the past in only a couple years as other companies that can provide the skill and customer service slide in to backfill their abysmal performance. Sad day...a lot of fine people's jobs in VA are being outsourced to a bunch of dumbasses.

Congratz AHM! You finally reached your terminal goal!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This, I can believe. I worked there years ago, (2001) and there was so much resentment coming from two people of color because they got passed over for the job I was hired to do. What made it worse, was the high school mentality of the cackling hens who did nothing but gossip and kept trying to make my life worse on a daily basis. When the office mgr returned from her weight loss surgery, she put up wallpaper in her office window so she wouldn't look at my face across her desk. No sense bringing up the office environment and hostility to her. In the middle of my sentence, she got up, and walked out of the room, and it continued even more after that. My manager approved overtime, but the office manager did not. She just didn't want me to have the extra money. Too bad, her boss approved it. Pissed her off and she got even meaner. I did learn of some folks getting the ax in other departments and several complaints over fedex stuff and having to pay for other department's fedex charges, but they had no rules there. It was cliquie, hostile, and if you were not a department "pet", don't count on job security. Judging by the reviews on here, I am not surprised at some of the stuff people are writing.