ambulatory care?

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Jan 23, 2010 at 12:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is going on with ambulatory care? Reps are leaving and others wish they could leave. The morale of the company is dismal at best. What is happening to a company that should be number 1? Do they think taking reps pay is going to help there bottom line, it sure doesn't incentivize a person. Did they inflate the numbers just so they could help there bottom line? Some say they are going to cut 25% of the work force and the kicker is you have to be engaged in the pharma program.....what program.... it sucks. Its sad to watch a company seem to loose sight of what makes a company successful, good employees.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why dont you read the prior posts on here and figure it out dumbass.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ambulatory Care used to be the division everyone wanted to be a part of, now they can't get away from it quick enough. The top dogs will be moving on or cleaning house soon.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good grief, after reading the dozen topics about ambulatory care on here, I am shocked. Are they really part of Cardinal? Why would they treat reps like they did last summer? These Ken and Steve guys are a joke, if it is true what happened. Why doesnt the main corporation of Cardinal step in and take some action and clean house. There are millions of stock holders that deserve better.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am curious where did that 25% work force cut come from? Is is for sales? Operations? Etc?
    Cardinal wouldn't need to cut the work force if they new how to keep their talented people.
    I recently got wind that someone in ambulatory care was promoted to RM without a college degree. Can anyone confirm?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't take talent to work at Cardinal it takes A**kissing,complaining and blaming others as well as really not having the talent to sell anything but themselves!Cardinal mgmt figured this out awhile back and figured its time to clean house!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep talented people = college degree?

The way to keep your business growing is to comp the reps and cut the chaff. Cardinal does neither well. They are a low payed sales force who goes through the motions to keep their jobs.

The problem with Cardinal isn't the level of education, it's the low level of pay and high level of chaff infesting the sales force and sales management.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are right. we do stay home everyday. why? because management doesnt require call reporting, they have no friggen idea where we are!!! hahaha F U cardinal, i am sitting at home right now doing nothing, and will be playing golf in a few hours. what a joke this company is, I have been milking it for 5 years and will do it for another 5 until they go out of business or management grows some balls...they dont have the guts to track us, since they are scared to death we will all leave.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

chaff? serioulsy?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes chaff. See #3.
    chaff [chaf, chahf] – noun
    1. the husks of grains and grasses that are separated during threshing.
    2. straw cut up for fodder.
    3. worthless matter; refuse.
    4. the membranous, usually dry, brittle bracts of the flowers of certain plants.
    5. Also called window. Military. strips of metal foil dropped by an aircraft to confuse enemy radar by creating false blips.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya'll are pretty funny, but there really are some talented people at Cardinal, most of them have grown with the company through acquisitions and now find themselves stuck at a place where they have a carreer but no real future.

A college degree doesn't mean crap if you don't know how to take care of job one, the customer. Personal experience tells me that people with college degrees usually know less about that then those that don't.

Cardinal management is not scared of losing its people, they don't really know what they have and it is people like Mr. Going Golfing above that really ruins things for everyone, at any company. You may be screwing the company and maybe they deserve it, but what about your customers and co-workers? If the company is filled with people with your kind of attitude, I can understand why so many people are miserable there.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mr Golfer here. What a beautiful day on the course today. So, do you really think I am ruining it for everyone? RIGHT! Everyone does it. I know alot of reps, been to all three cast programs in my 5 years, and national meetings. 75% of us MAYBE work one day a week. IF THAT! When a rep hits plan, its usually a windfall lucky hit. I doubt if reps open one new account a month. I know I dont, and guess what? I am still here!

RM's are scared to death to tell us to do anything. They know if they get rid of us, 75% of their business goes too. So they look the other way. Then when the RD's put some heat on, RM's blame it on losing a big customer.

What a great game this is. The company screws me, so I screw them right back and they are too scared to ask what I do in a day. Legit companys use salesforce.com, call reports, and other ways to track reps. It keep slackers like us in line. Cardinal will never do that as they would have no reps and lose all their business. Its so great when management acts like a bunch of scared chickens. It just lets us take more and more advantage.

I LOVE THIS JOB!!! THANK YOU CARDINAL!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I stay home because the compensation plan is so complicated and low that I cannot afford to leave. Its sad but true.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Golfer, legit companies don't need to track and micromanage their sales forces. The management team is actively engaged and is working on growing the business and growing everyone's comp. That is not the way that Cardinal does business. Comp grows very slowly which means the sales force is less motivated as is sales management.

To the other guy who posted that Cardinal has some talented people. When I made the "cut the chaff" comments it was because there are a lot of average to below average performers who are allowed to slip through the cracks because of weak management and low expectations.

You are correct that Cardinal has some fantastic sales reps, many of whom could be a doing a lot better financially working for a different company. I didn't mean to denigrate the whole sales force, just the machine that provides low expectations and low rewards.

What's the average Cardinal rep make? $75K with the hope to be up to $100K in 5-10 years? Based on the value they deliver that's about what they're worth but everyone including the shareholders should expect so much more. Pay for growth and you will get growth. Pay for service and you'll get complacency.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i worked my ASS OFF for cardinal until kenny and steve started STEALING my commission dollars 4 years ago. FUCK THEM. now i stay home as much as i can. golfer guy is right. i dont feel guilty. they steal from me, i steal from them. yes i only make 80k a year but who gives a shit, i dont work!!! like golfer guys says: THANK YOU CARDINAL...dumb ass management will never have a clue!! they are too scared to ask.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You make alot of sense. Why the hell am I working so hard when they are taking money out of my paycheck for not hitting some make believe number. I hear alot of reps got 10% plans when the ones management didnt like got 15% or higher plans. I call bullshit!!!!! I am 100% commission, take all the risk, pay 100% of my own expenses and now my paycheck is 30% smaller. Now i hear they are going to do it again?? this cant be legal?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#14 - "legit companies don't need to track and micromanage their sales forces" Hmmmm, you are kidding right? I suggest you browse some of the other companies on here like J & J, Merck, Abbott, Pfizer, these companies are not legit huh? I think they would disagree with you, get a clue mister CARDINAL MANAGER, we are home goofing and you cant do shit about it!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like others have said on here, Cardinal is a company for reps that cant get a job anywhere else. Most are under educated, and have no clue. They now hire 21 year old kids out of college that work for $30k a year. What a joke! Yes, I did work there for a few years until I got smart and moved to the market leader. What a difference. They dont rip off customers, they dont rip off reps, you get paid for what you sell 100% nothing taken out. Sales plans are 7% or less. Our company actually makes money, and best of all, we can take cardinal business whenever we like. I dont feel sorry for cardinal or the reps. They took a great company like Bergen and ran it into the ground. If cardinal corporate doesnt sell ambulatory care asap, the word will get out about their poor performace on wall street and soon the big shots will have to answer to stock holders. Good riddence.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#14 here. I don't know squat about J&J and Merck. I don't work for a drug company and I didn't work for Cardinal's drug distribution division. I will have to defer to you on how reps are held accountable in those companies. The company I work for makes it real easy to know if your successful or not. Sell, grow your business, or go work for a drug company. No reason to waste their time tracking us. If you're not selling you're working for someone else.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i agree with golfer. we get a scoreboard every month to see our company rankings and more than 1/2 of the reps in the usa are not even close to plan and 1/2 of them are below prior year. i see the same names every single year. so mister manager, why are they still here? why does cardinal protect the slackers who dont ever hit plan or grow the business. i got a 25% plan this year and i have grown the business 10% which is higher than most, but cardinal steals 15% every single month out of my paycheck. fuck them, i am going to be like the 125 slackers on the scoreboard and start staying home every day.