Dentsply- Good company to start out with???

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Dec 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What type of problems are they having with the ATC now. I thought they had all that crap behind them.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ATC was yet another bad idea that an overzealous management team forced out (like the Caries ID.) Everyone, and I repeat, everyone who was associated with the launch of the ATC is gone. Some were forced out and others left with their self-respect intact. But they're all gone. Only the mistake that is ATC lives on!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Always good to see DENTSPLY taking care of its top producers. CFO Jellison handed $200K+ in stock, COO Clark gets $350K+ in stock on 2/4/10, both exercise the options the following day. This following a disasterous 2009 performance. Must be nice. As for the rest of us, we just need to shut up and work even harder and be thankful we have a job. Sales people receiving commission? Thats crazy talk. Be happy for the 1-2% slap in the face merit increase. When the jobs market and economy improve, DENTSPLY will lose 50%+ of it's sales reps. We've all had enough.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmm If you're predicting that 50% of the sales force will go, things must be getting better. Turnover has always been higher.

I wonder if the original poster ever got an answer to their question?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No merit increases were already announced for 2010 and yet I am to grow my territory 5.5% in a flat at best market. Looks like more than 50% will be put on a plan by the end of Q1.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my first job post pharma. should of stayed in pharma. worked in pro, had the largest fucking territory in the company. was spread way too thin and worked5 times as hard compared with someone who had some small territory and made the same. it led to a personality conflict with my boss at the time who is now in york in some area director's position. after they let me go, they only then decided to do what i preached about and cut the territory in half and hired two reps to cover my old territory. after that firing it retarded my career, but luckily was able to recover. got out of medical alltogether in oil and gas sales in houston and I hve to say I haven't been any happier and make more money than it did at dentsply while wearing blue jeans and a polo shirt.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you. Glad to hear that you not only got out but are happier for it. Amazing that they continue to make the necessary corrections only after people leave. Imagine what might have happened if they'd bother to listen instead of forcing you out.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dave good luck with cavitron.........LOL should of taken the buy out

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shows how much you know. This should have happened a long time ago. It's just a means of getting him over to Professional to finally straighten things out. Goodbye Roger, Goodbye Steve, Goodbye Potter.......hello Dave!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Nick who was hands on could not fix it no way will hands off Dave do anything

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That;s pretty fun. Nick was "hands on" with Midwest not Cavitron (thank god.) He totally f'd that product line up and was sent packing.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any reasons why the abundance people who are recruiting for this company beg you to interview? Also, why are there so many posts for the same job by Dentsply Corporate almost daily? Are they that desperate for talent, or do the really think they are that great where they can get that diamond in the rough rep? IMO any company that cattle calls is not a great one to work for.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"To every thing turn, turn, turn. There is a season turn, turn, turn." That's the Dentsply way.

Dentsply started doing "cattle calls" a year or so ago because they have so many freaking people who have to weigh in on a hiring decision that it's impossible to get someone in and have them see everybody who needs to weigh in.

You should ask the recruiter how many people he/she has placed and how many are still at Dentsply. Quite a few recruiters know that once they place someone at Dentsply they'll never get that person again once they're ousted and find out what the company was really like.

And as far as why there are so many openings........why do you think?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nick left on his own. So did Steve C and so will Dave after he finds out nobody is going to work with him

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh right. they move the midwest team to Chicago and Nick is asked to leave. If he was so great, strange they didn't find another position for him in the company. Same for Steve. Lots of years with the company, ran Tulsa, Canada and Professional and he leaves on his own? Dave will never leave on his own. He'll adapt and do whatever the company asks him to do. whatever.

Nick's sitting at home watching the sap run from the maple trees. And Steve is sitting home watching the unemployment rate rise. But yet they left on their own. yeah. right.

If you believe that, then I have a handpiece to sell you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Buy out?????? Is that what they are calling unemployment now days?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this company operated in the highly competitive medical industry, it would seize to exist. Dollars on Dollars sitting there and the best you can come up with is a stupid savings program? Get with the program. Time to do a little house cleaning in the corporate towers. Oh I forgot, there busy looking at Siebel usage. Give me a frickin break.

By the way, good luck growing a dental territory in this economy at 5.5%. Oh I forgot Caulk reps. have SmartCem 2 and Pro have ATC. It should be ok.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Dave the Cavitron numbers suck whats up?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about the 12 people who were let go Friday from Midwest with 1 hour notice? Some of them had been with the company for years and did great work. Weren't even on a plan. Just let go. Yeah, proud wonderful company. Best in dental.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12 people who did not contribute to the division. Others were already doing thier job but not collecting two checks. Get rid of the dead weight at that division and come out with a decent product.