Long Island Informatics

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Sep 30, 2014 at 4:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surprised you can still log on

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting how we hear about this on a public forum through an anonymous poster purporting to be a DM and not through proper channels from management. Giving this thread a grain of salt, and with relocation aside, what of those who can not or are not willing to relocate due to distance, excessive commute time or child care hardships?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think its a DM making that post. No DM would get on this thread.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is always a 'DM' on these threads....First reps have nothing to do with this. Generous relocation you say? That is not an issue as it was mentioned in the town hall meeting that relocation would be available to those who were interested. The issue is putting people in a position to either travel to NJ at the burden of much longer commute times, expense and for some, child care. This take it or leave it with no change of control package attitude was offered to those who are considered important to continued operation. Those 'less important' were given their packages when they left or are to leave. Anyone who has commuted from LI to Plaza 5 either by car or train knows it is NOT easy to get to without commuting for hours during peak travel in the morning and evening regardless of what MapQuest predicts.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a manager I will say that the complaints from IT and reps to Plaza 5 are greatly exaggerated. Commuting is part of the routine for ALL of us in the metro area. Be thankful you have a job. When you make DM you will get all the perks. You have to put your time in to earn the rewards we get.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is amusing to me how all of you are up in arms now, but back in March when so many got screwed out of the stock and were laid off, only jokes were forth coming on this site. LOL, LOL, LOL Sincerely, Laid off Forester

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a DM because you mention reps and to me 'reps' mean sales force. If so then this topic is about LI Informatics and not about field reps who do travel a lot and it is part of the job description they signed up for so please don't loop the two different business areas together. Informatics people on LI didn't sign up to commute daily to NJ. And in case you are not aware if it, the job market has improved a lot and most who have left Forest are now employed so it should be Actavis who should be thankful when any of the remaining people stay on to continue with the company. After all, they being the last are supposed to be the needed ones (as told to them) which is why they were retained.
    For putting time in, let me just say that most have been here for 5-10+ years and during the rejuvenate phase many had their titles changed from different levels of management to individual contributors as part of the broadening and flattening restructure. But then, you being a manager, know this already. So much for 'putting in time' and getting rewarded. And what does getting perks have to do with traveling from LI to NJ? It sure doesn't reduce the geographical commute time most are opposed to.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Long Island informatiics

All true. Previous post had to be from a DM and sales people travel as part of their job. As an IT employee who durvived the rejuvinate I feel we have been screwed.It takes me easily 4 hrs a day to be to jersey snd back. All the while you managers get special deals for relocation. I have no love for LI, in fact it sucks, and would move in a second but the company will not reimburse any relocation costs.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM here---oh I feel sorry for you, can't handle a little commute time? 4 hrs a day could have been 5 hours so toughen up and deal with it! I hate these complainers, you don't know how lucky you are to have a job.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM - ( yet another so-called DM on this thread ) this has nothing to do with being tough. Do the math and calculate how much time you not will be spending with you family each day. Unless of course you are a workaholic and don't care much for your family or that is the commute you elected. With the old Forest there was a work-life balance. Maybe it is you who are lucky to have a job and feel others should be commuting as much as you, that's if you are real and not another troll.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a former manager at LI, now employed elsewhere, let me say that back in March many of you IT types thought you were untouchable. I WARNED YOU ON CF that it was wishful thinking.IWARNED YOU TO GET THE RESUMES OUT. Iwas laughed at on this site. Now you can drive 4 hrs a day to jersey or quit. So Stop complaining. Informatics is history as it has virtually NO value added to the business. The management is now focusing on getting results from a streamlined rep force headed by P clubbers and effective DMs. Thosewho have a lot of time at the watercooler with poor sales will be history if you are even still around. The high number of fake calls resonated with the new management and now its time for change.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man, really, we get it. There was some follow up done where reps were found faking calls. We got it. You are as bad as the Quinn guy. You need some new material.