Welcome to the Forest board

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by cafead, Sep 30, 2002 at 4:16 PM.

1. cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the Forest company board. Anyone is welcome to post here, whether they are an employee of the company or not. You may post anonymously without registering (registered users please logout before posting if you wish to do so), or with a registered username.

Managers and reps are encouraged to communicate with fellow employees here. If you are interested, we can also provide you with a private, password-protected board for your pod, district, etc. Just email webmaster@cafepharma.com for the details.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an executive recruiter with a leading search firm and have just completed a lenghty recruiting session with Forest Pharmaceuticals. I made eight placements in one month and I have to say that the Forest District Managers are some of the most professional and diligent people I've worked with in my recruiting career. If there is one company out there that truly serves up a solid corporate culture and differentiates itself from the rest of the pack, it is Forest Labs. My hat goes off to Forest. Anyone looking to get into the industry would be wise to research their website and their company. Only those who possess a burning desire to succeed with a strong work ethic should apply. This is the kind of company that will allow you a fullfilling career and life. Kudos Forest and I look forward to our next venture. Andrew G.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No ads, please!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd have to agree with your statements there Mr. Recruiter. I also just got done working with Forest and their District Managers, and have never been treated so professionally. I look forward to my next venture with Forest. It seems that both Forest's are a breath of fresh air. It also seems that the color of money is found within the Forest. That stock is blowing up! Tiiiiimber! Bud R.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How not surprising that folks who make big commission bucks off of fast personnel placements are gushing praise - I'll bet you do love those managers! Thanks to all for your "in-depth" professional analysis.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your welcome Mr. In depth. Your statement was so riveting I almost cried with laughter. Obviously you grew up as a jealous individual with a poor work ethic. If the money was so easy I would think anybody could perform at such a level. Probably because of your introverted demeanor you are left with nothing more than a bitter attitude. You should look into the fast food business. Oh your already there-how bout some more fries there Mr. Bitter. I enhance people's careers while you criticize them. Must be tough? Sales is only for the tough individuals who strive to be the best. I highly recommend you stay away from sales. Joy is found in the work. The money is a by-product of hard work. Excuse my loquaciousness-I must be going. THANKS SOUR GRAPES.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: above post.....huh??????

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been in the industry a number a years and have not heard too many positive things about Forrest Labs. The training is like boot camp. The management are a bunch of Micromanagers, and some of the reps are real tools. Want to see a real tool? Check out Dan Irvine in New Jersey. What a fool.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree!! I am in the same boat and Forest Labs has definitly put a lot of money in my pocket as well

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mgmt sucks and looks for ways to terminate the good employees, if you kiss the man hands of your female mgr you can go far. If you work your ass off daily staRT LOOKING FOR A NEW CAREER

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Forest for many years and I can honestly say that there are some good managers. But there is one sour apple in the Northeast that runs them all doesn't like women. So beware you women from the Northeast by a neopolian named Andy...... He'll try to be your friend and then turn on you like a dog with rabies!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FOREST GETS DOGGED!!!!!

First of all, all the BS messages supposedly from recruiters saying how great Forest managers are--is it TOO obvious these are posted by Forest employees? Give us all a break--your reps and managers are the cream of the crap!

Secondly, check out the latest AMA poll listed by over 700 physicians saying that the least effective and least ethical sales force--you guessed it--Forest!

Not following the Pharma Guidelines is going to catch up with you very soon, until then, keep dropping your cute little Namenda cookies and cakes at the offices--I bet you feel a great sense of accomplishment at the end of the day selling an alzheimer's med like that!

You give all reps a bad name, are part of the problem with offices shutting reps out, and are a huge reason why we are all on the radar map this fall as Bush an Kerry go at it.

Sound bitter? Yep, and I don't even sell agianst any of your crap products.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: FOREST GETS DOGGED!!!!!

You are a freaking JOKE. Sounds like someone is a little bitter that they didn't get a job with Forest. By the way I am a rep with Forest and a very successful one at that and just so you know we do follow PHARMA guidelines, and it is something that is taken very seriously here, in fact the top two reps int he country just got fired for breaking those guidelines last week. If you are going to post something negative at least know what the hell you are talking about before you do so.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AH "short for A Hurley in the NEng. REgion knows very little about quality mangement skills, the obvious decline in sales #'s combined with a gross turnover rate ......should point all fingers at a poor div manager who learns very little along the way...look to another pharm co. who starts with modeled management [​IMG]

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can mgmt that states , "we value our HUMAN Capital", and send you off with a kick in the caboose sorry abou the options. Female and Atlanta mgmt are an oxymoron they are like jumbo sized shrimps or cucaroaches that scurry in the light! What the heck is going on in Atlanta and Birmingham... is mgmt not held responsible for subhuman employee treatment that can be comparable to the treatment recently veiewed on tv!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a currently a Forest representative in a territory that is doing quite well....But, I am first and foremost a PA...my territory is doing exceptionally well thanks to a formulary status that was made possible through Howards creative (parasitic) business model. The business model that purely markets European drugs in the US..."me too" drugs of course...(excluding Namenda) that has yet to be seen...these drugs exist in therapeutic classes where the majority of the studies and expenses have been absorbed by "real" pharmaceutical companies that actually contribute to medicine by spending the dollars to ensure their drugs are beneficial to patients. Did you know that during training we were actually "trained" how to discuss off-label use...and when we questioned overlapping confidence intervals and poor P values we were basically threatened with our jobs......wouldn't the FDA like to attend a few of these informative gatherings. And if you would like to be treated with any respect do you really feel the company that degrades medicine to the point Forest does is going to respect their employees? How does $25.00 a month for a cell phone and no computer sound? Wonderful...no wonder their stock is doing well....0 research...0 dollars spent on their employees...hmmm...where does the money go? Howard? Back to the HMO point....what HMO wont approve your drug to be a first tier product when you charge 1/4 of what your "competitors" that actually study their drugs can charge....it's expensive to promote responsibly...Forest doesn't and they pass the savings along to the HMO's. As you can probably tell I am leaving the company...and I certainly would not recommend them to anyone looking to enter into the industry. By the way.....they have the lowest representative compensation structure in the industry...when is the last time anyone has seen a $38,000 base salary for a starting representative...outside of PDI or Innovex?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously have had a bad experience with Forest, but you dont need to slam the company and make up info because your unhappy. To whomever reads the previous message, all this person got correct was the cell phone reimbursement. Everything else was completely fabricated. So to the writer, just because you did not get the job with Forest, keep your whiney ass attitude to yourself. This board is for the big dogs...not for the pissing puppies.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank God Forest got rid of at least 2 morons...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hit the nail on the head