Why a rep performing poorly is the DMs fault

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Oct 17, 2014 at 8:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. They have failed to coach and develop the rep, making the DM bad at what they do.
    2. When the rep asks for new ideas and things to try, the DM have nothing new to offer. Doctor not bought in = "Hold them accountable". No access = "figure it out".
    3. They have failed to motivate the rep, meaning the DM has little impact.

And most important ---

4. They hired the poor performer, making them the overall idiot.

(Oh, you didn't hire the bad rep, you inherited them in a realignment? Well, there is another DM out there saying the same things about some of the reps they got from you. Therefore, making this place a bee hive of leadership idiots.)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's coverage, asshole. Do you honestly think this is a sales job? Do you really believe the sales numbers we are presented with each week? Oh, what's that? You believe all those things? This is my first Pharma gig and coming from real sales ( you know exactly how much you sell and know exactly what your commission check is going to be ) I can assure you that this is a total make believe fantasy camp.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sr DM here: I have hired over 45 reps in my career. Many turned out to be duds. Couldn't sell anything. I have tried to train them thru undertime and/or overtime tutoring sessions. Some responded. Some did not even show up. Granted the undertime sessions were at 5 AM but still if they were motivated they would have at least made an attempt. I also found a general lack of ethics on the part of many poor performers. This manifested in many fake calls, phony signatures, mis-speaking the sales pitch, questionable behavior in the company car, etc, while I have found the best performers were often P clubbers or near P clubbers. They are characterized by high moral integrity, put in honest days work, did favors for me, reported slouches who faked calls, and filled in for me when I needed a break.

In the current downsize I see these stars surviving and many of the slouches have been transferred or better yet canned. That's my 2 cents.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RD on monitor: Sr DM! Get to work and off CP! I have to report your use of this site to compliance and the ABD. You know it is against P&P for you to post here!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! LOL! When my DM talks down to me about a Dr who wont write.... My Dud of a Manager walks in and in 30 seconds gets tossed out for not following directions! After I said to him what would happen...I ask my DM if he cant even get in to see DR then how does he expect me to get numbers!!!

P.S. I have several P Clubs under me....HE has NONE!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM HERE - Stop these stupid posts. Making fun of your DM is disrespectful.
    Your DM is your lifeline to future wealth. Do personal favors for your DM.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you hired 45 reps, the majority duds? That means you, a peer and an area director overlooked and didn't hire a good rep. Meaning y'all are incapable of distinguishing be talent and your asshole. The problem isn't the reps at forest, it's incompetents promoting incompetents who hire what they recognize which is more incompetents.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This guy nailed it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are Detail Men, not sales...nobody hands us a purchase order, writes us a check, demands they get a 10% discount, requires early delivery, have to get credit approved etc...we deliver a simple message...gee, listen to any TV ad and you'll hear the perfect detail coast to coast given in a 30 second spot..we're marketing, share of voice, product reminders sure those help move product but this isn't selling.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No shit. Just don't let my DM or punch drunk RD here you say that. You'll be on a LOC before you can say "Tudorza is a me too".

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would add When they describe a behavior they don't like but can't give you a behavior they DO like. So many of them tell you what they DONT want but few can tell you what they DO want. Besides 'make your number'. If that's what you want then let me do it my way. If I need help I'll ask!