Black Box Warning: The Tiger is a Killer

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Oct 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember in 2005 a pharmacist sat me down and told me straight across: A static antibiotic is no match for a cidal antibiotic, no matter what your damn data says. Then, he said I would never give doxycycline to a critically ill patient and I'll not be giving the "son of doxycycline" either.

Geez. Guess he was right.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I meet the same types in Oct, 2009 and I did not waiver. Indeed I did not. In fact, I went coast to coast with the Weinstein paper! Bitches.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't look good for Tyga.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharmacist????? You mean pill counter????

Whatever ... Now go toss your domestic partner's salad...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Tiger is not the son of doxycycline, its the son of minocycline. And a static antibiotic is better option, per significant published clinical data, for a cSSTI than a cidal because of the activity against toxin production that often can be present in skin infections. A cidal antibiotic does not have the same kind of toxin suppression. Your pharmacist was not knowledgeable enough to know that. Ask your ID doc, to keep up to speed. There is alot that reps. don't know about the very infections they are supposed to be selling antibiotics for. Not surprising.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was wrong, Tyga is son of minocycline. Minocycline is static and is used to suppress serious chronic infections all the time. Tygacil data didn't change one bit, fda reviewers did.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vanco is cidal and shows inferior cure data for critically ill ventilator patients than linezolid which is static. Just saying. CID 2012