Any chance Valeant could get purchased?

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Mar 1, 2015 at 4:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know very little about you guys. Salix rep here, but not thrilled with what I see and hear. Anyone ever look into buying Valeant?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will never happen for a few reasons. First and most important is the tax rate. It's extremely low and any conpany would have negative synergies from the tax impact. Second everyone knows it is as lean or leaner than a PE run firm so there are hardly any cost synergies. Third most people know that Pricing constitutes much of the growth and there are few truly promotable growth products. Fourth is that Pearson wants to buy rather than get bought. And finally most bigger companies that could buy it would want a pipeline and Valeant has none.

Only way a conpany would consider it would be if they thought they could use it to invert and improve their tax situation but there are pleny of companies they could do that with that are more attractive. And that's if they don't think the inversion loophole is already closed and an inversion won't work.

Valeant is here to stay.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your reply! I was thinking along the same lines. Oh well, we will see how this goes.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with previous poster. Before the inversion loophole closure last year, there was a remote possibility of a purchase by Pfizer. Pfizer had been interested in Astrazeneca and Actavis.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's more likely that Valeant would sell off segments of the company. They already sell of products that don't fit or can provide ready cash.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can often find ways to break up most companies

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No shit but usually there would be a good reason. There isn't one here.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with that