Executive compensation

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Apr 10, 2015 at 2:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ari is being paid more than twice the amount that the Pfizer CEO makes. He must be a superstar. Obviously Pearson isn't a cheap skate when it comes to taking care of his boys.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Page 49 of proxy shows Pearson, ChaiOnn, Schiller and Ari each got paid 200% of target bonus when corporate actual was 182%. They gave themselves bigger multipliers than anyone else at company! Disgraceful. Also made "discretionary adjustments" to go above maximum for these four based on "extraordinary level of commitment".

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who doesn't realize Pearson, Tage, et al are just riding this gravy train should lose their CP Card. They will jump off the minute the epic mismanagement of this company pulls it down.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If ari only got payed what the pfizer ceo got paid then we would have had another hundred or more employees to actually help us get our jobs done but instead we are told do more with less so they can pad there pockets.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get tokd constantly cut costs, do more with less, don't spend money on employees or consultants. Now I know why- so these few guys can get richer. So Pearson can fly to Duke games on a company plane and be driven around in a $100k car and his buddy Kellen can get paid $5m bonuses.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many salix jobs did that bonus cost?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None. They did that for giggles.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't like it? Become an executive. You chose your profession and accepted the position / offer / pay. If it doesn't suit you, leave. Go acquire some new skills, get some more education, go on some interviews. I've had plenty of crappy jobs with crappy pay. Some really great jobs with crappy pay and some very good paying jobs that were really crappy. So, unless you have a unique set of circumstances that prevent you from taking charge of your own life ( and I know sometimes that does happen - I've been there too - and got stuck for a while until things turned around) then go out there and change your life and find a better paying job. Most of the time, your fate is in your hands.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A Disgrace the management of this company!
    Biggest shower of crooks ever

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so right. I should've thought of that. Instead of asking to be a senior salesperson I will go ahead and request a promotion to executive. Just like that.

You miss the point. I'm not complaining about my pay but rather how much of a disparity there is here. Executive pay is irresponsible some places and responsible at others but here it seems extremely irresponsible. Anybody else get five years of pay "front loaded" or their equity? No everyone has to wait years for equity. Execs should get paid more of course but there is a limit. $50 million in a year is above that. Especially for a company that claims to be efficient and lean and cost conscious. Shareholders should be upset. Us employees should be even more upset.