Welcome to Medtronic

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jun 14, 2014 at 3:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just because some products are made in Asia doesn't mean that they are cheaper. Hasn't Covidien had a long history of declaring that Applied Medical products are cheap? They are all made in the United States. I would agree that Covidien makes a higher profit margin because of lower operation costs but J&J does as well and Both are industry leaders in the field.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that what is indicated is when the acquisition is complete cheapening the product would be when the company decides to change the material or design of a product in order to increase profits. Though they could just increase the price and keep the same product. Isn't that already the process?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medtronic will look to make Covidien more profitable that is guaranteed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? 90% of the products are made in the DR facility which is cheaper than China for labor. The only other way to make things more profitable is to cut management and selling expenses (read SALESFORCE)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Covidien will negatively influence Medtronic, products will be cheapened to the point of risking patient safety and good products will be driven into the ground. We do have a legacy to uphold.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't know that Covidien products were made by Drunken Rednecks. Thats good to know no wonder why the labor is so cheap.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DR stands for Doctor idiot...after all he has to put COV products together when they fall apart in the OR

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What will happen with the Cov GI division?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consolidation of Divisions, with handshaking;

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point, wonder what they'll do with the suture division? The product is widely considered by the medical community to be vastly inferior to Ethicon and legitimately put patients at risk by comparison.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dastardly comment to suggest that patients will be put at risk by using a Covidien suture. How dare you make such a vicious accusation without clinical data to support your claim. May I suggest to you that Medtronic will capitalize on their suture brand and utilize their Cardiac ties to further sell sutures.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's an effing suture. Get over it. Docs have the same preference for sutures like they do gloves. Good luck fighting that one.

All Covidien does is acquire companies, fuck the cultures up, retain the wrong people and drive the businesses into the ground by messing with good products. Daddy needs a new shower curtain, money has to come from somewhere. Joes only cost $3K.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's where your wrong! Medrontic is the one purchasing Covidien and if it's just a suture then and preferences akin to a glove then the Medtronic network will have success at expanding the good ole boring suture. Unless the glove don't fit, then I guess that you must acquit and that is free.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clinical data isn't needed to support the claim. Even in this atmosphere of hospitals using ANYTHING that will save money, COV has lost over 90% of suture evaluations over the past 2-3 years.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 1930's called, they want you to stop using the word "dastardly".

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Astonishing that you have access to the sales statistics. Must either be upper management or obstructionist secretary.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Untrue on "anything". You must not work in sales or the US, based on your use of dastardly. Adam West called and he wants his vocabulary back.

There are battles that are fought by supple chain, say to go sole source with trocars or mesh, limit the number of knee vendors, etc but fundamental OR elements like sutures and gloves will likely never be won.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Say like right I'm at a party and someone like passes me a joint and I accidentally take a hit and I don't know what it is, will I get in trouble if I'm drug tested at work? Because you know me man I'm like boss yous a good man.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Translation please? Oh, and don't bogart that joint my friend:)

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I work in sales Boy Wonder. Not in the suture division, but have seen all the evaluations go down in flames despite the savings the rock stars in National Accounts sell to supply chain.