So did any CTLs actually lose their jobs this timr around?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jul 15, 2014 at 6:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So did any CTLs actually lose their jobs this timr around or did
    they just give them other stupid, made-up jobs at the same obscene
    slararies and benefits?

I don't think there is any other industry in America that plays so fast
    and loose with compensation as Big Pharma...

These CTLs must thank their lucky stars every day, and think,
    I really hit the jackpot with this job."

Easy hours, and insane amount of pay considering.

How many CTLs were actually cut loose from Merck this time?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IBM has had continuous layoff's since 1993. In that 21 years, only one thing hasn't changed. And that's the fact that managers do not get laid off. Oh sure, they get new made up assignments when all of their people are let go. But upper management denys that managers are "positioned". I know of one case where an entire department of non-management employees were laid off, but the manager of that department was moved out of harms way into a new job just prior to the layoff. When the middle manager made the announcement that the manager was leaving, he actually said "I know this looks like positioning, but it really isn't."

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck obviously follows the same model…I rarely, (if ever) hear about a CTL losing their job and actually having to leave the company and fend for themselves in the real word…In a way, it is a "cradle to grave" guarantee of ridiculously over-paid compensation with the cradle being the promotion date to CTL, and the grave being an early retirement…

totally absurd but it never changes...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm...did the ctl cuts consist of managers who might have had reps they could have spared from being cut? Hmmmm. Any data run on this?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CTL from North Louisiana was let go - J Nugent - good riddance. Throwing people under the bus has caught up with him. Waiting on his hospital sidekick to get hers too!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CTL from Baton Rouge let go - Sylvia???