DWI Policies

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 21, 2014 at 11:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is Pfizer policy for DWI's for sales reps with company cars? Is there anyway around termination?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope. If you got one you're toast. Stupid should hurt.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Friend of mine got a driver to drive him around until his lic. returned.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope. No tolerance. Toast. You should have taken a cab.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It cracks me up how negative 80% of the people are on here, which leads to false information because they are mad at the world. Yes, Pfizer has a policy that allows you to work through your DWI/DUI as long as you did not hurt anyone. It starts with reporting to your manager and HR/Employee Relations within 24hrs of being charged. You will go on short term disability and the medical side with have you go through substance abuse counseling. Once cleared there HR will meet with the business side to reinstate you (your manager could throw a ringer in it if you are not on good terms). Once you are back you will be on probation for a year. This is factual not the other BS your counterparts think they know.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is correct. I know someone going through it and the company has been extremely supportive.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just get a good attorney. No one wants a DUI - it isn't worth it. Spend $10 K if need be but just beat the damned thing. Best thing is get a breathalyzer (about $80 for a 99% effective Alco-Hawk) that fits in the glove box. We went out a month ago, had a high reading and spent $50 on a cab, then another $50 the next day getting the car back. Money well spent.