Glad to be OUT!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jul 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last five years at Merck were the worst five of my long career. The reps can't be trusted. The CTLs can't be trusted. And, obviously, the "leadership" can't be trusted. It was a toxic place at best.

I was fortunate enough to qualify for retirement. although the pension will be a fraction of what I would have expected when I started this trip many years ago. Don't expect much when you're done with this excrement hole. And to think that my story is one of the best Merck stories really underscores how bad an employer Merck has become.

To those of you that haven't put Plan B in place yet, I would guess that you're too dumb to take advice from those of us that know better. But let me assure you that each and every one of you are on your way out.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lucky to qualify for retirement benefits. That will make it or break it for you in your retirement years. Without it, you're sunk.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our retirement benefits aren't that impressive.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Med matters as does increases that occur at benchmarks!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, I'll call it a shithole without any reservation. I'm happy you were fortunate in your exit from this sickening place and sorry it wasn't the happy ending that it really should have been. But don't waste a second longer with bitterness and continue to enjoy your remaining years, outside of Merck. You have escaped. Hallelujah, health, happiness, and congratulations! Invite me to your party if you have one, eh?!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good Riddance..no one cares, trust me on that one.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll second that. You're probably a SP piece of garbage right?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Indeed I am and I might take that as an insult except it comes from a legacy Merck piece of crap which the world knows is 10X worse.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, SP people suck. So do legacy Merck types.

None of this shit means anything to me. See, I have colon cancer that's spread to my liver. If you were me, you too would be laughing at what petty morons all of you truly are.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are next legacy Merck punk. Hope you saved well. Life is bleak out there. Most let go have kids ready to go to college and other major expenses. I really hope you are on the next short list with the decreasing severance Merck is swinging to. Hope to hear you never got another job and starved to death with your family you unfeeling ass.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice! Well played.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Way to high up for that to happen. So sorry to burst your bubble.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of these lazy pucks deserve all that they have received - good bye trash

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well aren't you special.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This just shows how short sided the younger reps are. If they can do it to long term employees what do you think they will do to you?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is someone who is "way to high up" (BTW, it's "too", not "to"), doing on CafePhama? Don't you have more important things to do in your position? Just goes to show that you are an overpaid, worthless POS.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correction!!!!

They're an overpaid, worthless, LYING Piece of Shit.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats to the OP on escaping this God-forsaken company. After nearly 20 years, I have all but begged to be let go to no avail. I have raised my hand, I have requested a hardship due to geographical concerns and I am still here because I am too "valuable". Yes, I am a high performer but am severely underpaid for the work I have done. Even after promotions, I am at the bottom of the pay range. I have two small children for which I must pay over $2000 a month for child care. After my mortgage there is nothing left. I am the sole supporter financially, emotionally, etc for my family. This company has all but killed the idea of a family unit. They have asked for ridiculous geography coverage, I am getting phone calls well into the evening regarding work topics when I should be with my children for which I can barely muster the energy to get them bathed and put to bed. This company has run me and many into the ground and I am exhausted. Yet if you so much as utter that
    you need work-life balance you are chastised, told you are not a team player and quite honestly threatened in my case. I have worked my tail off for this company for years and for what?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Liar

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you spouse needs to get into the game and help you out. Sometimes even a superhero needs to rely on their sidekick.