Medi Reps

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What proportion of reps here have any medical training?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having medical training today to do a rep job is like having an advanced degree in thermodynamics and using it to plug in toasters. You can train any simian to recite a PI and not discuss with physicians the lions share of scientific information that is "off label" and out-of bounds . As long as the rep has all the local restaurants phone #s saved to their contacts there're more than qualified

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an RN and found my medical experience only marginally helpful. It was easier for me to get thru training modules and pronounce the words-but other than that, it was not really seen as a benefit. In fact, it may have hindered me because my idiot kid manager was threatened. The people on the team who kisses ass the most were the ones who got ahead on my team.

On the other hand, when layoffs came, I already had a full time job lined up while the ass kissers had no idea what they were going to go or where they were going to go. So in that respect, my medical background was very helpful.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too bad for you it was only marginally helpful. It shouldn't be this way. A medical industry should be hiring medical professionals. Just like any other industry you hire people with the understanding, skills and training for that particular profession....might go to show you that what we have been trained to do has very little to do with providing "value" to the doctor in a scientific way. Pretty unsettling if you think about it.....