Myriad Genetics Onc Interview

Discussion in 'Myriad Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Mar 1, 2013 at 5:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an upcoming interview and was wondering if the interview process is indicative of company management style. The director wants every yearly performance review as well as year end numbers, with documentation for every award, etc. While I have all this stuff handy and have no problem sharing it, I am concerned that I will be micromanaged, no matter my skill level or ability to do the job. Any helpful input? How do other Onc empoyees feel about working here? (Please refrain from nasty responses, I'm asking a serious question.)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I started about 6 months ago and I'm feeling somewhat micro managed. Lots of check the
    box activities from management. A lot depends on your manager. What territory are you interviewing for?? Good company overall and life changing products.

B Cornwell likes this.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were you asked for all that info, too? Did they go over it with you during your interview, or save it to read later?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK serious...RUN like HELL!!! This place is micromanaged and really sucks!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed a couple of years ago and my final interview took 3 hours and they went through every page of my Brag Book. Asked me really ridiculous questions about things I was working on 5 years before in a year end review. It was painful to be asked about every page. I am very glad I ended up so somewhere better! Good luck!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had the same experience. Wanted every detail of my sales results/growth from 14 years ago. Most ridiculous experience ever.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not sure on the thought process behind the 14 or 15 years ago questions. It is an excercise any seasoned professional will not do. If your new to this, desperate, or bored then go for it. When you know your worth and have documentation to prove it, yet still not enough.... Move on! Don't do it!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I even had an internal employee referral from a top rep in same area....manager wouldn't even return my phone call till I called my contact and had them follow up. He asked me for ten years of performance and proceeded to blow me off. I have a friend who works at the University of Utah who knows Myriad quite well and she told me they are dishonest and post positions that do not really exist.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very weird experience with this company- I'm not sure where it comes from- but there seems to be dishonesty and a blame game going on.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whatever you do dont work for mindy crawford! all her reps have quit cuz she is so phoney and a big micro manager!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I started with this company recently and am extremely dissatisfied. Definite micromanagement, disgruntled customers because testing process has slowed, and pay is shit compared to the rest of the industry. And now the big push is for dinner programs and Saturday seminars. They expect you to be tied to your email 24/7 and have no life. Greedy bastards making the big bucks at the top, but sales reps are just pawns.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow-this is helpful information as I was recently contacted by a recruiter. I work for a company that does not micro-manage. Having someone babysit me while I hit my numbers would get old really fast.

I am curious about the sales process though in that diagnostic testing is very important these days so I can understand a need for it. Is there competition?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so good to know. I've been on 3 interviews- I'm bowing out !

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the above posts are accurate! Just had an interview in Atlanta with LW and DW. The interview was all about numbers and peer rankings from my entire 12 yr career. The interviewing managers were extremely uptight and way to serious. I really felt like I was being put under a microscope for a very middle of the road company and what I consider a low pay for our industry. I went into the interview excited and left feeling like I was over qualified and would be underpaid and micromanaged. (Salary 70-85 / Bonus 40k at 100% = 110-125k if everything is going perfect) Also, keep in mind the company just lost a huge lawsuit for BRAC1&2 testing which makes up 75-85% of the entire companies revenue. I had several questions for the managers and was told we would get to them at the end of the interview. Once it was my turn to ask questions there was 5 min left and the one question I asked was answered horribly! To say the least I was not impressed with these two guys!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep in mind that LW and DW are two of the worst managers in the company. There are much better managers at this company. Hell I work here, have a great manager and I would never want to work with either of those two.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These 2 guys are idiots!!! They have no clue on what's going on just 2 guys with big egos.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't agree more. Mindy Crawford ran off all her good quality reps years ago. Everyone bashed her on exit interviews yet she still stays cuz she's college friends with terry her boss. Very interesting. She was by far the WORST human being I ever worked for. Talked about her reps to other reps in the region. Offended the physicians all the time. She is total pharma and not respected by anyone. Actually no one can believe she still has a job there. Unprofessional to say the least. Run if she interviews you!!!

B Cornwell likes this.
  18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

someone is a whiny baby..... wah, wah, wah...you are a BIIIIIIG baby!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Calm down, now, Mindy !

B Cornwell likes this.
  20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are your top targets for this position? Oncologists? OBGYN? GASTRO? Plastic surgeons?