We Work For Forest Now

Discussion in 'Actavis' started by Anonymous, Aug 20, 2014 at 3:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Story after story is rolling in. We hear of Actavis managers being replaced by Forest Manager but we don't hear about Forest Managers being replaced by Actavis Managers. Common sense would dictate that you leave managers in place with experience in the therapeutic area. Do any Forest DM's have Derm or WH experience? No. Yet they replaced managers who did. It makes me wonder if we, Actavis, bought them, or they bought us?
    Hopefully, these Actavis Managers will land on their feet and reach out to their old teams when they have openings.
    We are not Watson
    We are not Actavis
    We are, sadly, Forest.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow too bad you weren't warned and it's good thing if you were warned you didn't lash out at that person trying to bestow knowledge on you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have at least a couple examples in our region of Actavis mgrs taking over legacy Forest people. Besides this whole "therapeutic" experience thing is way overplayed. A leader is a leader, they can learn the drugs very quickly, plus you are the one calling on the doc, not the DM

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone saying "we are forest" is legacy forest. Factoid.

Numerically FRX crushes ACT - and FRX launched LZ into GI with no experience and a PCP sales force and destroyed established amitiza market share. So the idea that you need experience in a therapeutic area is nonsense. Any good rep can sell any good drug in about 3 months. And you know that's the truth.

Bill and Jerry will used the new money power to do more DTC and lobby more PBM's - that is where Rx's really come from. That's just truth.

5 years from now the average pharma rep will be 24 years old and make $40k - this industry is done from the tenured rep standpoint.

What color is your parachute Nancy?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are Forest is something a Forest legacy would say.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep. You ACT folks better buckle your seatbelt and get ready. It's going to be a shock.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You left out the part where Ironwood hired 160 sales reps, mostly with 10+ years of GI sales experience.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's going to be a shock? Be specific...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Metrics up the caboose!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YEAH THAT IS SAD!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forest was the lowest of the low in pharma, so if Actavis managers have been replaced by Forest then Actavis is now lowest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you read the new training agreement?

Have you looked at the XT Training? Roommates!!

It is not even a slow transition.

We are definitely Forest with a new name.

Just hope my Actavis manager does not do a 180 with hiss garment style.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

....just hope my Actavis manager does not do a 180 with his management style. Silly phone!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Career Do over chance---- would you pick pharma sales again?

Why are we on Cafe Pharma? Is it our sick need to punish ourselves for wasting our precious career years on these unstable, easy jobs? How do you really feel about your chosen career in pharma sales? Woulda,coulda,shouda----would you pick this career again? Would you want your kids to aspire to be a drug rep?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's funny. I've been here 14 years and never knew I was the lowest of the low. This is our first layoff since I've been here, weve made substantial profits every year and have been of the highest performing pharma companies in the US and I have been paid well for results. Someone tells how I am lowest of low? Thanks for being so kind.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You also lack self awareness. No one says FRX didn't deliver for wall street. It's the tactics used to deliver the numbers.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be the refusal of Forest to sign on to Pharma.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forest was always a sales team. They actually ranked highly year over year of best sales company to work under. They've been great at buying drugs that are the best or the first of their kind. That has slowed recently which is why the Actavis buyout makes sense. Lexapro and Namenda were heroes, even Daliresp is great(but often prescribed too late in a patient's life), Linzess will be a champ, Tudorza is a better drug than Spiriva but the twice a day is a burden. Bystolic is a great drug. It all boils down whether these drugs will actually improve a patient's life, they will. Forest isn't so bad, all counterparts have a variation of drugs. "I saw a forest rep about Viibryd this morning" .... "Your MA just said a patient was feeling better with Bystolic, that's what I am here with..." Lots of drugs=lots of reps. IT'S NOT THAT BAD, people make it bad but there are plenty of people that do right by themselves, teammates, and offices. TLDR, i know but I'm so tired of all the negativity here.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm just spit balling here, but would the FDA approve a drug that DIDN'T improve a patients life?
    If you here the line "I saw a Forest Rep this morning" and you work for Forest, you have too many reps
    Forest burst on to the scene with Celexa and Lexapro. They certainly were Best In Class. Great products. But after that they have gone with 'Quantity over Quality". QD dosing will beat BID dosing just about every time. You forgot to mention Combunox btw.
    On a positive note, Forest is used to launching Branded products in a generic market, so that should help. But based on the postings here by Forest reps, our new counterparts still need some help.m you guys are an awfully defensive bunch. Not to mention sophomoric.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are trying to put a positive spin on a low of the low job and making excuses for yourself to remain with a lousy company.