2.5 Years Later...

Discussion in 'Neurocrine' started by Anonymous, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I seem to remember that when the FDA gave the "thumbs down" to indiplon and NBI was forced to lay off nearly half of its workforce, good ol' GL said that the cuts were necessary so they could regroup and conserve enough cash to hire these people back in 3 years. So....how's that going now that it's FOUR years later and you've struck a deal with Abbott for elagolix? Flooding the job boards with open positions are we? Recruiters searching high and low for all "alumnae" to join the reunion?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dont tell me you really believed this did you?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me too, and that's what really bothers the haters. It's that we benefited from the job and benefited from the lay off and we were in demand as new hires. I am doing very well. And my managers still check in just to say hi. We achieved what few companies ever will and that bothers some people, but I don't mind them, I just enjoy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It really was a great time. Funny, this thread has sat untouched for almost a year. Things have been great with me as well in the 5+ years since we left NBI - I still keep in touch with my old manager as well as do most of my former teammates.

Great milestone payment from Abbott today but given how out of favor NBI fell from Wallstreet, and that they are under Abbott's tether right now with the lead drug, I'm just not sure that call will ever come. Plus, in today's pharma environment, I don't think they can afford our salaries or bonus expectations 5 years later. Regardless, I would love the opportunity to talk to NBI again when and if they bring a drug to market.

GREAT CULTURE

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great here we go again with all the sappy crap from the X Neuro crazies.....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Newsflash... You're a still a pharma rep FIVE PLUS years later. How good can things be going for you??????? I guess beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. Sad but true. Poor chump.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And jealousy has you chasing our posts time after time. It really doesn't matter, you have no idea but working for NBI was a great job. You can post jaded, "wish that was me" posts but it doesn't change our experience. Wish you weren't doing so poorly that you have to keep chasing my positive posts with your anger.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well it sounds like you did about average or a little below. Some of us made out like bandits and jumped up a few levels. It might be a good idea to figure out what you did wrong but i guess some of us are just destined to be Cesnas and some of us 747s.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear you guys are launching a new insomnia pill to compete with Lunesta. I just did a google search on it. I don't think its out of date. I was reading the posts on here and man it must be gearing up to be a REALLY good drug since all of the posts I read on here are very cocky and demeaning to Lunesta/Ambien people. For your sake I sure am glad karma is not real and I am sure ths launch is going to rock!! Are there any opening at this place because it seems like a dream come true to work here after after reading all of these posts. I am really jealous I didnt get an interview but maybe next time!!

LOL!!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't listen to tHe vulgar postings. They definitely didn't work with us. I too am thankful for NEUROCRINE. I still have amazing friends who helped me network. It was because of my job that I landed the job of a lifetime in another biotech. I kept my stock in NEUROCRINE though and it paid for my daughter's wedding...so again...glad you came back to ask how some of us are. We are great because for a moment in time the very best of this industry worked together!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh god... puke big time. Go hug a tree for christ sake!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

r

Joined NBI 6 months ago, wish I had read your post first.this is tne biggest cluster fcuk ive ever seen - colosalky arrogant imbiciles

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please expand on your comment. I'm close to accepting an offer. Also what are they paying the sales people like me?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Grow a pair princess

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poster likly realized that 19 years of pre-commercial masturbating means they live in a buble.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Food truck rodeo and happy hour today - everything looks great on this side of launch.

The last 5 Cheerios in tne bowl really stick together. The future hangs on the choice between those with decades of RSUs and options looking to flip asap, and the DA contingent. Fingers crossed.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like DA has everything well in hand. Stock is up and new hires are quantum above "cheerios "